Tips for New Tamers: Legion Changes
For this week’s Tips we are going to be looking at the recent changes to pet battling that have arrived with the Legion pre-patch. Some of these changes have a fairly significant impact on pet battling, while others impact how we view the current max level content.
First and most importantly are the game play changes:
- The Undead Racial has been changed. During its invulnerability round, the active Undead pet will now do -25% damage.
- Frog Kiss and Sleeping Gas now have a 1-round cooldown.
- Arcane Storm, Avalanche, Carpnado, Psionic Storm and Thunderbolt have had their base damage reduced by about 15%.
- Avalanche and Thunderbolt now have a 5-round cooldown.
- Cleave damage has been reduced to 25%.
- Shell Armor has had its duration reduced to 2 rounds (previously 3 rounds).
- Howl Bomb
- Graves‘ abilities Consume Corpse and Grave Destruction have been swapped.
- Grave Destruction has had its base damage reduced by about 15%.
- Graves’ base stats have been changed:
Previous Stats @25
Speed Power Health 211 314 1668
Current Stats @25
Speed Power Health
244 297 1587
WarcraftPets.com has also discovered some changes that were not documented within the original discussion or the patch notes:
- Comeback‘s damage has been reduced.
- Explosive Brew‘s damage has been reduced.
- Eyeblast‘s damage has been increased, but it now has a 4-round cooldown.
- Primal Rage only lasts for 5 rounds.
- Screeching Gears‘ damage has been increased, but it now has a 1-round cooldown.
- Stone Form‘s healing has been reduced.
- Whirlwind has had its damage reduced.
There have been a large chunk of changes to Warlords tamers, and especially the menagerie.
Revive Battle Pets Spell
Garrison perks have been removed. This includes the perk from the Menagerie, Level 2 that previously reduced the cooldown of the Revive Battle Pets spell by half while in Draenor. The cooldown of this spell while in Draenor is once again 8 minutes. Please note that the tooltips do not reflect this change yet.
Menagerie Daily Pet Battle Quest
The daily pet battle quest in the pet Menagerie by Lio the Lioness is now account-wide. This means that it can only be completed once-per-account-per-day, instead of once-per-character-per-day. While many players originally assumed this was a glitch, the change has been confirmed as intentional. The confirmation was discovered in the German Technical Support forum in the official World of Warcraft forum here.
Queued pet PvP matches now have a chance at rewarding Pet Charms.
Community Manager Nethaera recently posted about changes to the way CRZ works, and when rollovers happen for everything.
Please note that with the new CRZ changes, it gives us as a community an even better chance to help each other out. Use these changes to the best of your ability, whether it’s finding a friend their Minfernal, or getting together as a group to track down rare mounts, transmogs and pets.