BlizzCon 2018: World of Warcraft – What’s Next?
With the release of Battle for Azeroth, and patch 8.1 already up on the PTR, there was a quick review of what we will find in the 8.1 patch and a teaser cinematic
Blizzard have announced a release date for 8.1: December 11. In patch 8.1 we will be getting:
- New Warfront: Darkshore
- Assaults: Horde and Alliance NPC’s begin attacking the opposing faction Island similar to legion invasions
- New Island Expeditions, as well as an overhaul to the rewards system to make them feel more rewarding.
- Battle of Dazar’alor (but not until next year)
- The war campaign is extended
- Heritage armor for Blood Elves and Dwarves
- And a tonne of System updates, including Azerite Armor improvements, account-wide changes to how reputation works, a dubloon vendor and more.
- Zandalari Trolls and Kul’Tiran Humans are confirmed to be coming in this patch, both races can be druids, Zandalari can be paladins, while Kul’Tirans can be shaman.
- The Darkmoon Faire will get a roller coaster
- Children’s Week finally gets another update
- Micro-Holidays will be expanded on with the Wanderer’s Festival, Vashj’ir Diving and Free T-Shirt Day
- Timewalking comes full circle with Warlords of Draenor Timewalking
- Orgrimmar and Stormwind will gain dedicated Portal rooms
- Professions gain questlines that reward profession-specific tools with varied abilities.
- Brawler’s Guild is back with new bosses:
- Momma Stormstout
- Philip Carter Tracey
- Robe-Robber Robert
- Tidemistress Shellbreaker
- Zaxx Dreadslice
- And a murder mystery quest line.
- Bruce will become a mount.
- Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin will be remastered.
- Arathi Comp Stomp Brawl will allow you to fight against NPCs using the Island Expedition AI.
Worgen and Goblin model updates
The story takes us to Naz’jatar in patch 8.2: Rise of Azshara.
There will be new stories and new friends.
Replayable content is being inspired by previous expansions
There is a Hippocampus mount! And a little baby naga pet wielding a fork!
The headlining raid is Azshara’s Eternal Palace which includes:
- 8 bosses
- Naga Hatchery
- An Underwater Boss?
- Queen Azshara
There will also be a separate adventure, to the lost city of Mechagon.
You will need to help the junker gnomes infiltrate their home city.
The quest line culminates in the Mechagon Megadungeon (think Karazhan).
The dungeon will be Mythic only at the start.
You are fighting against King Mechagon’s plan to convert all his citizens into mecha-gnomes.
What’s next for Sylvanas, Saurfang, Anduin, and Jaina, and check back with Magni.
Heritage Armor – Tauren and Gnomes.
Island Expeditions – Crestfall and Snowblossom.
Warfronts gain a Heroic Mode you can queue with friends.
FLYING!! and the bee mount.
BFA Season 3 will start.
For more information, check out Blizzard’s post here.