The purpose of this guide is to quickly and easily answer the question, “In which breed should I pick up this pet?” This guide is not meant to explain what breeds are or how each breed would be used. The tables are designed to be an at-a-glance setup.
The accompanying pet class selection guide can be found here. The purpose of this guide is to answer questions such as, “Which rabbit(s) should I pursue out of all of the rabbit choices?”
- noa – No Options Available; Pet comes in only one breed.
- nwp – Not Worth Pursuing; Although this is the ideal breed for the pet, unless you are a breed completionist it is not worth pursuing. There are other, better, options within the same class of pets that you will use over this pet.
- class – Refers to other pets with the same general appearance and abilities. Example: Spring Rabbit belongs to the order Rabbits with all other conventional rabbits. These pets share the same ability sets. If a Rabbit has a different set of abilities, it would not be grouped with Spring Rabbit and other rabbits.
- unable to change breed – There are multiple breeds available, but you are not able to change the breed that you are given.
B/B (3/13) | P/P (4/14) | S/S (5/15) | H/H (6/16) | H/P (7/17)
P/S (8/18) | H/S (9/19) | P/B (10/20) | S/B (11/21) | H/B (12/22)
*Breeds are ordered according to their numerical assignment. Breeds are not ordered according to superiority.
- The tables are sorted alphabetically.
- Apostrophes have been left out of pet names for the sake of table integrity.
- Where multiple breeds are listed, each can be useful depending on how the pet is utilized.
- If you have questions regarding a pet breed please feel free to post it below.
- To learn more about breeds check out the following posts from A3’s blog: Pet Breeds: An Overview, Tips for New Tamers: Breed Choice, and Best in Class Guide.
10.04.2016 – A-Z charts added.
10.29.2016 – Patch 7.1 pets added.
10.29.2016 – Updated Zandalari Anklerender and Toenibbler.
11.17.2016 – Updated Blood Boil and Bloodgazer Hatchling. Corgi Pup has been added.
01.19.2017 – Most 7.1 pets have been moved into the main lists. Pets that still have no breed info available have been left in the 7.1 new pet list.
01.19.2015 – 7.1.5 pets have been added to their own section at the top. These pets will be added to the main lists later.
03.07.2017 – The guide was migrated from the forum to the blog. The format was generally updated.
03.21.2017 – Breed information has been changed from “no info available” to “noa” for the following pets: Infinite Hatchling and Paradox Spirit.
04.04.2017 – Patch 7.2 information has been added.
07.16.2017 – Patch 7.2 pets moved into the main lists. Patch 7.3 pets “Coming Soon”!
08.31.2017 – Patch 7.3 pets have been added to the NEWEST PETS section.