!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Battle Pet Call to Arms - Information Post

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Battle Pet Call to Arms - Information Post

Post by Wakamaru » June 26th, 2016, 12:04 am

BATTLE PET CALL TO ARMS

Introduction
Members will often ask us which pets they can farm for us or which pets do we need the most. This can be a tough question for someone to answer when put on the spot. The Battle Pet Call to Arms is our way of announcing to the community which pets we need farmed and donated the most at the moment. Rather than answer this question each time it's asked, we'll post notices in the Battle Pet Call to Arms forum section to let everyone know which pets we are currently in need of.

C2A's will be posted as they are needed. If a pet is no longer needed it will be marked as [C2A ENDED]. You are still welcome to farm pets marked as ended as they will always be rehomed with new members in the future.

!! PLEASE REMEMBER !! These listings do not mean that we aren't in need of other pets, but only that we are extremely lacking in these pets. This is extremely important to remember. This distinction is one reason that we had stopped posting a 'needs' list in the past.

This type of feature has been requested again often, though - so let's give it a try!

Donating
C2A pets can be donated via the normal methods: in-game mail to Wakamaru or depositing into our 7th bank tab.

What Happens to C2A Pets?
C2A pets are handled in the same way as normal donations. They will (eventually) be put up for adoption by A3 members.

Wowhead
When you open a C2A listing post you will find the name of the pet. The name is a link to its Wowhead page, so you can click it to see more information about the pet such as where it drops, drops rates, etc.

Thank You
We really appreciate anyone going out of their way to help stock the A3 adoption banks. This means a lot to us, to our adopting members, and to me especially. Without these types of efforts, A3 would not be able to do what it does.

Thank you,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Battle Pet Call to Arms - Information Post

Post by Wakamaru » June 26th, 2016, 12:06 am

Hello, A3ers!

I just want to remind everyone... the very first batch of C2A posts is probably going to see HUGE. This will not be the case for postings in the future, though. We have to start somewhere and it's an uphill climb! :P

On the upside... there will be a lot of options for farmers starting out!

I'll get the listings added Sunday.

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » June 29th, 2016, 2:31 am

tinibree wrote:You should consider having a list, at least for this big starting batch, to easily mass open in wowhead to remember where to get all these pets.
Hi Tinibree!

Thank you for the suggestion! Future batches with only be 1 or 2 pets at a time thankfully lol. Vivienne is going to be working on adding location information to the posts so that's something we can look at doing.

For now, when you open the post, the name of the pet is actually link to it's Wowhead information.

Edit: I have edited the main info post here with a note about the Wowhead link, as it's really unclear just by looking at the post. The red text against no other text doesn't make it appear like it's a link out.

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » June 29th, 2016, 3:50 am

tinibree wrote:
Wakamaru wrote: Thank you for the suggestion! Future batches with only be 1 or 2 pets at a time thankfully lol. Vivienne is going to be working on adding location information to the posts so that's something we can look at doing.
If I'm not stepping on any toes I could go through and reply with some location info, I'm having the urge to type but nothing to type and it's driving me nuts! The idea of doing a bunch of mini-guides is sounding very appealing.

I did eventually notice they were wowhead links, by accidentally hovering lol.
Hi Tinibree!

Vivienne did actually request to do this with the current posts earlier this evening, so, for now, I'll leave it to her. I'd hate for her to pop in to fix them up and then POOF they're already done haha. If Viv decides she isn't interested though I will let you know. If you are interested in putting together mini guides, though, aside from the C2A postings, I have a to-do list you can look at. :P At our team meeting this past weekend we discussed some small helpful guides we'd like to get added to the site (and inevitably the blog). It's all pet-related and nothing insanely huge.

Shoot me a PM if you think you'd like to look over things. You are under no obligation to do anything though of course!

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin