!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Prizes Galore!

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Prizes Galore!

Post by Wakamaru » January 7th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Hey A3ers!

I just wanted to let everyone know that winners for *everything* have been drawn! I have a few last minute preparations to get done tonight before I start sending messages and items. I'll send all PM's on the forum TOMORROW (Sunday) with all of the information that you need to claim your goodies. With so many entries add and double check, games and events to score, and 300+ items to draw winners for this was a lot of work so I appreciate your patience while I got through everything.

All battle pets will be mailed in-game to your A3 characters AFTER messages have been sent out.

Be sure to read your messages carefully as many non-pet items are located on servers other than Bladefist-H (same as last year) and you will follow some simple instructions to claim them. Once you follow the instructions as you should your items will be mailed to your characters in the days that follow.

Items that require email addresses will be handled in the same way as off-server items.

Finally, items that need to be shipped may be delayed slightly due to terrible weather conditions but I will follow up with everyone once their item is in the mail.

Please be patient and don't panic while waiting for items to arrive. Remember that off-server items will take extra time to arrive compared to on-server items. If you feel like your item hasn't arrived in your character's mailbox when it should have you can follow up with me by Private Message.

We hope that everyone had fun this year!

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

tinibree
United States of America

Re: Prizes Galore!

Post by tinibree » January 8th, 2017, 3:07 am

Thanks for the update :) I was beginning to get worried I was missing any PMs as the week went on. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication! Looking forward to later today!

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 8th, 2017, 5:05 am

tinibree wrote:Thanks for the update :) I was beginning to get worried I was missing any PMs as the week went on. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication! Looking forward to later today!
Hi Tini!

No problem! I gave myself a week to get winner info handled since there was so much for me to do so things are right on track. Aside from that, I was also in the ER twice last week with 3 or 4 things going on plus I had finals so bleh. Since you are in our discord - don't forget that you can check the anniversary channel there. Notices were notices posted there about my plans to send messages this weekend. :)

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

elkita

Post by elkita » January 8th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Ty for all the hard work you do for us all. I thank you

Smadronia
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smadronia » January 9th, 2017, 12:48 am

Thank you!

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 9th, 2017, 1:18 am

Hey Everyone!

PM's for all "30 Days of Giveaways" items have been send out. A little over 1/2 of the "Toys for Tamers" PM's have also been sent out. The in-game hourly mail limit is slowing things down as usual though and I'm tuckered out. :P

I'll finish sending messages and items tomorrow night!

All items that I have sent claim information for have been marked with a Image topic icon.

Thanks!
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 11th, 2017, 7:08 am

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to follow up real quick about prize claim information. I have received about 60 PM's with returned claim information. I sent some items out this morning (after 6am), but the bulk will be going out late tomorrow night (1am CT or earlier). I'm in finals at the moment and need to be careful of my time. Once I have my last 2 papers in tomorrow I will tackle sending out the ton of toys, pets, and mounts!

Thanks!
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Minkey
United States of America

Post by Minkey » January 11th, 2017, 10:34 am

Thanks for the the hard work you do. I wish I was able to participate more, but work kept me away from many of the competitions. That made me realize how much time it must take you to make these types of events so engaging. Much appreciated!

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 12th, 2017, 9:28 am

Hello everyone!

Prizes for all returned claim information up to this point have been sent to their new owners EXCLUDING Thrall-H. Thrall-H prizes will go out later today. :)

Also, it's been brought to my attention that there's an extra layer of complication with learning the World Enlargers because they require Gnomish Engineering. Gnomish engineering requires level 20 and 200+ engineering.

I don't recall any issues with these toys being learned last year so I didn't think anything of making them again. I'll do some digging and see if there's an easy way around the issue.

Finally, there have been a decent amount of returned items or forfeited wins. Rerolls for these plus a drawing for a toy that wasn't included in the giveaways will start next Monday (1/16/2017). Due to the fact that I was unable to reach more rerolled winners last year (people seem to vanish after the anniversary ends), you will need to re-enter for items that you would like a 2nd chance at winning. We'll be trying out a new method for mass entry as part of the reroll process. We've been tinkering with it on the team side of things and are excited about the potential so I'm looking forward to beta testing it on everyone. :P

Thus far rerolls will include some Toys for Tamers items and a Pictures for Pets challenge. Please note that the Pictures for Pets challenge is close so you will only be able to "re-enter" if you participated within the original event dates.

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » January 12th, 2017, 11:55 am

If anybody needs help leveling to 20 or flying to the Gnomish trainer, I have mages on both Alliance/Horde and a rocket 2 person mount.
It's been too long since I did the Gnomish engineering quests to remember what was involved, but I remember the Goblin training required me to fly out to Barrens and as a new alliance player at the time, I had no idea where to go.
You may be able to get a DK through the starting event and train Engineering that way to learn it.
When I won last year one of the Enlarger/Shrinker toys I had an easy time learning it. Couldn't USE it without the engineering, but they may have changed that with Legion's launch.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » January 12th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Both types of engineering are now "bring us x crafted items" and require level 20. But it may be that no skill is required to simply put the item in the toy box.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 14th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Hello everyone!

Prizes for all returned claim information up to this point have been sent to their new owners. Items that were returned due to COD time out have also been resent.

Thanks!
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 14th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Hey everyone!

Solitha has been kind enough to help with the testing of the World Enlargers. It turns out that you do not need engineering or Gnomish engineering to learn them. You will need engineering + Gnomish engineering to use them as we already know.

You shouldn't need to level up to 5 or 20 to claim these.

Thanks!
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Prizes Galore!

Post by piwakawaka » January 15th, 2017, 2:55 am

Hey everyone, All pets received for upgrading have been upgraded and sent back to their owners.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

lallen74
United States of America

Post by lallen74 » January 17th, 2017, 12:52 am

Thanks, everyone! This was my first holiday season with A3, and it was a lot of fun. All your creative ideas and hard work make for some really engaging events.

Much appreciated! :-)
Caldohn @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Lallen_74/

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 20th, 2017, 12:49 am

lallen74 wrote:QR_BBPOST Thanks, everyone! This was my first holiday season with A3, and it was a lot of fun. All your creative ideas and hard work make for some really engaging events.

Much appreciated! :-)
I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the anniversary! Hopefully you get to participate in some more fun events this year! :D

Take care,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » January 20th, 2017, 12:51 am

Hello Everyone!

I have sent another batch of prizes out as well as returned all unclaimed prizes for another attempt. Be sure you are checking your lowbies! Time is running out picking these items up so if you are missing items (1) check the lowbies you made or (2) PM me!

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin