!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Beyond Draenor - what next?

Ehly
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Beyond Draenor - what next?

Post by Ehly » October 6th, 2016, 11:04 am

Apologies if this has been asked & answered. I've been back for a few weeks after year away, and am a bit lost when it comes to tamer battles now. I figured I'd ask here and get answers from pet people.
  • How do I open up battles inTanaan? I recently got my shipyard up & opened the zone. Is there a starting quest?
  • Same question for Broken Isles/Legion. My main is level 110, but I'm still working through the first storylines in the zones. Have 3/5 of the friendly requirements for my first WQ. Dunno if that's relevant. I can fight the tamer in Dal, but don't get anything for it.
  • Hub is about to ding 110, too, so we can fight the rares, etc. & not lose out on gear level. Anything we should go for right away when it comes to pets or toys? (We got Emigosa (sp)). He's not into battles, but never turns down a free drop. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance, and apologies for my cluelessness.

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Re: Beyond Draenor - what next?

Post by OzinLA » October 6th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Ehly wrote:How do I open up battles in Tanaan? I recently got my shipyard up & opened the zone. Is there a starting quest?
You may have to advance far enough in Tanaan to establish your base. A small quest chain, not particularly time-consuming. Don't really know if this affects the pet battles. QoL thing - definitely have the Pet tracker enabled in HandyNotes to see where the battles are. Especially if you don't have Draenor Flying. Some were in tricky and or dangerous to lvl 100s areas.
Ehly wrote:Same question for Broken Isles/Legion. My main is level 110, but I'm still working through the first storylines in the zones. Have 3/5 of the friendly requirements for my first WQ. Dunno if that's relevant. I can fight the tamer in Dal, but don't get anything for it.
Yes it is relevant. You will not see the WQs until you have completed the "Uniting the Isles" (all factions to Friendly). At least right now- I read there will be some changes in the next patch that affect Alts. My first toon through has the all-at-friendly and can see the WQs, my second is like you, and although 110, is missing one faction. She cannot (yet) see the WQs.
Ehly wrote:Hub is about to ding 110, too, so we can fight the rares, etc. & not lose out on gear level. Anything we should go for right away when it comes to pets or toys? (We got Emigosa (sp)). He's not into battles, but never turns down a free drop. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Again, I cannot recommend HandyNotes addon enough. Make sure you have the capsule for Legion (so download HandyNotes and HandyNotes_Legion from Curse). Mousing over the skulls on the map will tell you what the rare mobs drop - and many do drop pets. I'm thinking of writing up a guide. Some, like Emmigosa and the Skyhorn Nestling, come as rewards from quests. Some, like Zoom, come from an achieve. I have found that quite a few of the rares that drop pets/toys are quite distant from the beaten path, so consider it working on your Legion Explorer achieve too.

Hope all that helps a little.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Re: Beyond Draenor - what next?

Post by solitha » October 6th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Ehly wrote:Apologies if this has been asked & answered. I've been back for a few weeks after year away, and am a bit lost when it comes to tamer battles now. I figured I'd ask here and get answers from pet people.
  • How do I open up battles inTanaan? I recently got my shipyard up & opened the zone. Is there a starting quest?
  • Same question for Broken Isles/Legion. My main is level 110, but I'm still working through the first storylines in the zones. Have 3/5 of the friendly requirements for my first WQ. Dunno if that's relevant. I can fight the tamer in Dal, but don't get anything for it.
  • Hub is about to ding 110, too, so we can fight the rares, etc. & not lose out on gear level. Anything we should go for right away when it comes to pets or toys? (We got Emigosa (sp)). He's not into battles, but never turns down a free drop. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance, and apologies for my cluelessness.
There is something you can still do, apparently, before opening your world quests in Legion. Apparently there's a loophole on the Family Familiar achievement. When you're 110 you're presumed to be doing world quests, and can win against each active tamer only once per character while the quest is up (and get the rewards). However, if you're 110 and haven't opened world quests, you can battle them infinitely... with no reward, but it still gives you progress on the achievement.

The hardest part is finding out which one(s) are available when you don't have the world quests that show you. But you can just ask a friend :)

Return to “Pets, Collecting, & Farming”