!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Dark Legacy

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Dark Legacy

Post by solitha » May 9th, 2016, 7:18 pm

I love this comic, but this week it hits a little close to home.

DOZENS.

(Oh, yes... warning: language)

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Dark Legacy

Post by Wakamaru » May 9th, 2016, 8:02 pm

solitha wrote:I love this comic, but this week it hits a little close to home.

DOZENS.

LOL!

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 10th, 2016, 10:44 pm

*raises hand sheepishly*

It's why I have the SCII collector's editions...

(I really stink at that game).
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Post by OzinLA » May 11th, 2016, 1:35 pm

solitha wrote:I love this comic, but this week it hits a little close to home.

DOZENS.

Bwahaha. Hello my name is OzinLA, and I'm a pet collector.

I do have limits - after getting Graves from HotS and the Treasure Gob from D3, I dug in my heels about Overwatch. I love D3 and play it all the time (especially when I feel stabby, it's a good release). Likewise I like HotS very much but don't really have time to play it between WoW and D3. But I really can't get involved in another game. And $60 essentially for a pet (since I know I won't play the game) is too steep for me - no matter how cute Baby Winston is.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 11th, 2016, 6:08 pm

As soon as they announced Baby Winston, I marveled at their sales and promotions people. Overwatch looks fun but FPS person I am not. BW tipped the balance for me.

I really love RTS like StarCraft, except I'm terrible at it and can't even play the story in casual mode.

At least Graves was free.

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » May 11th, 2016, 10:08 pm

I wanted to buy all the Starcraft games but I know I would never play them. Overwatch on the other had is something I would play mostly because I know a lot of people to play with. Same goes for HotS. The one game that I had the most trouble with was actually hearthstone, my husband had to coach me through the 3 wins for the mount haha.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » May 11th, 2016, 11:25 pm

I'm guilty of this with Diablo III Reaper of Souls Xpac. I got the base game with that 1 year WoW sub promotion Blizz did (for the tyrael mount) and tried to play it, but it just wasn't for me. So... when the xpac came out I knew it would be a total waste of money. BUT... since I didn't actually pay for the base game (I'd of been subbed to WoW the whole time anyway) and I also missed out on the base game CE pet, I didn't feel so bad.

I purchased the SC2 xpac not planning to play them either though initially. Then when the second SC2 xpac came out I decided to go back and try the game while waiting on the release - wound up playing through all of the campaigns so that made me feel better :P I picked up the SC2 ce pet when blizz released the collection and gave us a discount if we had the certain parts of the game already.

I was interested in Overwatch since Blizzcon though so I knew that would be worth the money. I've had a blast with the game so far in the stress test / beta. The same goes for HotS.

The one I'm really glad we didn't have to purchase was Hearthstone... That would have never happened. This is one game I wasn't even interested in trying and hated every second of playing it for the WoW mount.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Jedikitten
Team Member
Team Member
United States of America

Post by Jedikitten » May 16th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Guilty. I didn't have many problems with Hearthstone, I still like to go in and play. HotS, though, is another story and I still don't have my Graves yet...about halfway there. I still haven't bought Overwatch just set....soon though. I still also want to get Starcraft.
ImageImage
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Request Checker
Guide Forum Manager
PawPrint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Manager
Recruitment Team
Social Media Team

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 16th, 2016, 8:26 pm

My tactic for Graves was simply to clear a daily quest slot each day, and get credit on as many as I could doing it. I play AI (unless someone on my friends list pulls me into their group). It gives me a clear goal to manage each day, and an occasional day off when I clear two or all three dailies at once.

As it turns out I actually like HotS. Hearthstone is ok but I'm so bad at it... I wanted the January card back. Wanted it bad. Playing ranked though... well, TRYING to play ranked... really killed it for me. Couldn't win a single game.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 16th, 2016, 10:57 pm

I have nothing but praise for the 'vs AI' option of HotS. That's how I eventually got Graves (along with playing with friends and the kids).

I like HS too but like soitha, I'm not overly great at it. I feel lucky when I reach rank 20 most months. :p

solitha, what sorts of decks were you trying when you went for rank 20? I've found that if I go through the in game recommended decks I can usually slowly climb to 20 each month.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 17th, 2016, 6:32 pm

I loaded my cards into Hearthhead, and picked the highest rated guide that my cards could fulfill... which means, very basic decks. I was doing about 50/50 before I realized I wasn't playing ranked games. When I switched to ranked, I felt... what's the quote? oh yes... I was so far out of my depth the fish had lights on their noses.

When you think about it, I didn't lose anything... a card back for a game I don't play.

Return to “World of Warcraft”