!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Legion Beta (info sharing thread)

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Legion Beta (info sharing thread)

Post by Wakamaru » May 12th, 2016, 7:34 pm

Hello A3ers!

A few of us have found ourselves with access to Legion beta. I'd like to make an official thread for sharing info related to the beta with the A3 community.

Info shared here will likely also find it's way into the weekly newsletter and/or on social media.

Thanks,
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

flameflash
United States of America

Re: Legion Beta - What to pet test?

Post by flameflash » May 15th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Random non pet Legion question:
What size bags do the Demon Hunters start with after they're done in the starting area?

Thinking about stockpiling some Hexweave bags for my future DH but wondered if I should be sending them to alts who might have much smaller than 30 slot bags.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Legion Beta - What to pet test?

Post by Wakamaru » May 15th, 2016, 6:59 pm

flameflash wrote:Random non pet Legion question:
What size bags do the Demon Hunters start with after they're done in the starting area?

Thinking about stockpiling some Hexweave bags for my future DH but wondered if I should be sending them to alts who might have much smaller than 30 slot bags.
I moved this from the pet post to the legion info post :)

I created a demon hunter to check on this for you. Currently they start with 16 slot bags.
dh.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

flameflash
United States of America

Re: Legion Beta (info sharing thread)

Post by flameflash » May 16th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Thanks Waka!

Next question. :D

This thread points to the loot-a-rang no longer working anywhere but on Draenor:

WoW Site Beta Thread re loot-a-rang.

What about abilities like "fetch" for hunters? Is that still in? How would we even add such an ability to our spellbook now with the glyph changes?
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » May 17th, 2016, 5:47 pm

I have a question for Beta testers. If you have time can you check and see if you can work on more than one artifact quest at a time. For example: as a mage can you complete step 2 of the arcane artifact quest line at the same time as step 2 of the frost artifact quest line (assuming step 2 is kill the same kind of mobs for each individual quest).

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 21st, 2016, 5:55 pm

I'll keep that in mind! I just got beta access myself and was actually planning on doing a NE mage to keep it different from my live mages.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator

lunadaat
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by lunadaat » June 4th, 2016, 2:20 pm

I am still downloading the beta as sadly I have the slowest internet I swear and I haven't been on a lot. Hope to be adding more info as I can soon.

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 5th, 2016, 8:40 pm

So in addition to the wardrobe for transmog, I noticed that they added support for outfits in as well. When you go to the transmog vendor you have an outfits drop down where you can save them.

Also, I'm kind of hoping that they change this, but as of right now, in order to hide your helm/cloak/NEW shoulders, you have to go to the transmog vendor.

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 19th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Shegrah wrote:I have a question for Beta testers. If you have time can you check and see if you can work on more than one artifact quest at a time. For example: as a mage can you complete step 2 of the arcane artifact quest line at the same time as step 2 of the frost artifact quest line (assuming step 2 is kill the same kind of mobs for each individual quest).
If the quest I did is any indication, they are all pretty much scenarios to get your weapons. Once you get the weapon, then you will have the chance to pick up the quest to get the second weapon... Last time I looked, the mage one was broken so as soon as you got the arcane one, you couldn't pick up the other two, at least. So as far as getting the weapons, you have to do one at a time. After that I'm not quite sure since I think you just get power and apply the power to your weapon. I don't know if the power you get it shared among all of them, or if they each get the same amount of power.

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » June 19th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Thanks Irayna. I've heard that you get an item (I'm assuming something like the ring upgrade for the legendary ring currently) and you can chose to use it on either your main weapon or your off spec weapon. Assuming your main spec weapon is father ahead of your off spec weapon you'll get less "points" for using it on your main weapon but you get better stuff as you progress. So say the item that drops gives 5 "points". On your main weapon 5 "points" is enough for one upgrade that's really nice, but if you wanted to you could use those same 5 "points" on your off spec weapon and get 2-3 upgrades that aren't as good.

I'm just hoping that to unlock any of the weapons isn't gonna take a 3 month long raid finder grind to get in the first place. But if it's just a scenario I think there's a good chance that it won't be that complicated.

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 19th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Shegrah wrote:I'm just hoping that to unlock any of the weapons isn't gonna take a 3 month long raid finder grind to get in the first place. But if it's just a scenario I think there's a good chance that it won't be that complicated.
Once you get past the initial scenario/questline that brings you to the Broken Isles, one of the very first things you do is get your weapon. I was able to do them both in one sitting.

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » June 19th, 2016, 8:59 pm

I have heard that http://www.wowhead.com/item=124124/bloo ... s#comments is only reliably obtainable from gathering professions. Does this mean that I won't be able to get more than a few of them on my characters that only have crafting professions? My main is a leather worker and an enchanter. If I'm not going to be able to make anything without a gathering profession I'd like to know now so I can switch before everyone else gets the same idea.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » June 19th, 2016, 10:29 pm

From what I've read, you actually should be pretty good. Enchanting can get bloods based on disenchanting some stuff (not sure what yet), so you should have a source of bloods that way.

This was their fix for the more common tailor/enchanter pairing but benefits anybody who has the enchanting profession and another crafting profession.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » June 20th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » June 20th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Thanks for the link this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm so happy my main with enchanting will be fine. I think I only have one alt that will have problems and I was thinking about leveling one if not both of her professions on different alts anyway.

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » June 21st, 2016, 8:07 pm

And now for an article on off-spec weapons... http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/21/art ... dual-spec/

Return to “World of Warcraft”