!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Introduction Thread

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Introduction Thread

Post by Irayna » April 19th, 2015, 1:06 pm

Apparently I never got around to posting my introduction on the old forum, and it will be going away soon anyway, so I figured it's a good time to start the introduction thread over here. So, this is where you share as much (or as little) as you'd like to share so that we can get to know each other, and I'll go ahead and go first...

My name is Irayna (a.k.a. Ray), and I live in Wichita, KS.

I work for an audit software company. I am not really a developer, but that's the closest job description that people would be able to associate with, so that's what I am going to say. However, I really wish that I could find someone who would pay me to knit all day or to investigate my genealogy, as that is so dang cool, but there is only so much you can do online. I also have a theatre performance degree*, but sadly, that doesn't really pay the bills in Kansas, though I do attend whenever I can.

As I mentioned, I love to knit... well, really, I love anything to do with fiber (the fuzzy kind, not the Metamucil kind). I knit, crochet (when it is appropriate), spin (yarn, not on a bicycle), weave, dye, quilt (sort of), and I do a little felting as well.
Born to Knit.jpg
I am a pet collector in real life as well. We currently have 8 cats, a dog (border collie / pit bull mix), a cockatiel, and some fish. People like to call me a crazy cat lady, but I prefer to think about it this way... If you're a "crazy" cat lady, you collect cats indiscriminately. I can definitely turn them down, and not come home from the animal shelter with everyone I see. I can even come home with no one. ;) The latest additions to our house were due to the fact that one of these two kittens has neurological problems, and we were really missing our two special needs kitties that we lost last spring who both had the same condition. I might not have room in my house, but I'll make room if the options are bringing them home or having them put down because there is "something wrong" with them.

In regards to WoW, I started playing late February 2005, so I just barely missed out on the "Veteran" gift, which is still pretty awesome... I had no idea I'd been playing that long. I have always played Alliance even though I keep trying to play horde and just can't get into it. My main (also Irayna) is a human mage on the Cenarion Circle realm and she is one of two characters that I created my very first day. Her spec has changed due to game changes, but I haven't even changed her hairstyle in 10 years. I guess I was pretty happy with what I originally created. I started collecting pets way back then too, when they all took up bag space. I bought up all the cats I could. My favorite was and always has been my http://www.wowhead.com/spell=10673/bombay-cat that I named Licorice after my baby girl (who isn't much of a baby any more... she's 16 now, going on 17 this summer). I'm such a dork that my http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100330/feline-familiar is also named Licorice so I can say that she's wearing a Halloween costume.

Holy cow... that was a lot. Can you tell I like to talk?

* Side note: If anyone watches Big Bang Theory and remembers Eric from the Valentine's train episode, I went to college with him. Pretty exciting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ehly
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Re: Introduction Thread

Post by Ehly » April 22nd, 2015, 10:07 am

I'm waiting for an email which will mean I have to drop everything, so it's as good a time as any to get my into up. Or started.

I wear many hats professionally: content management, testing (QA), training/tech writing & user experience (UX) design, just to name some of my responsibilities. I also have a really long commute, so I need WoW to help me relax. WoW and margaritas. And audio books (for my drive, since i can't have margaritas before or during that time).

Like Irayna, I'm a crazy cat lady* in real life (8), but don't plan on adding any more pets to the household, or replacing them as we lose them due to age or illness. I think I'd like to have chickens or something along those lines, but want to wait until I have a shorter commute.

*That's an achiement/title I became obsessed with gettibg the second I learned of its existence!

I'm crafty. I haven't knit for a while due to a wrist injury, but am preparing to get back to it. One of the first projects in queue is a horde hat for a pet collecting buddy (& guildie) who has given me far more than I could ever repay in-game. I also sew, make candles & "weave" (potholders with an old-school square metal loom & cotton loops). Basically, I havea short attention span and am pretty bad at relaxing (even my dentist says I'm too tense). In whatever time remains, I read (fantasy, mystery, thriller).

I've played WoW off & on since WoLK, drawn into it by watching my husband (don't laugh) fish. I always played priests (shadow) but have recently tried a hunter and have a mage in Robber Pirates. So far, I LOVE playing a mage and wish I'd tried one earlier. I didn't do a lot of dungeons in my early years, so I'm running Marzipanda (my mage) through as many as I can.

In a month or so, I'm getting a 3D printer, so there will be another obsession to fill my home office/studio.

I like helping out where I can. I'm a spreadsheet/list geek. If you want a copy of, or access to, my celestial tournament sheet (adapted from aforementioned pet buddy's list), or Pandaria, Draenor or Garrison lists, just say the word.

Chrisstty

Post by Chrisstty » April 22nd, 2015, 6:09 pm

Hey Y'all,
I have played WOW on Draka since Vanilla and have always been an avid pet/mount and achievement collector. I started playing wow to check up on my son when he was 10, now he's 19 and we are ALL still playing!! I My husband and I met in Maraudon 7 years ago... LOL. A true WOW love story. I am a stay at home mom of 5. I enjoy cooking, entertaining, reading anything and everything, and traveling. Please feel free to say hi and I will always try to answer any questions you may have.
-- PENDING -- @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Chrisstty/

Jedikitten
Team Member
Team Member
United States of America

Post by Jedikitten » April 25th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Hi everyone! I never got around to posting in the old intro thread either, so here's my introduction!

I'm Jedikitten, I live in Salisbury, NC.

I am the oldest of 5 kids, was home-schooled from 1st through 12th grade, and I am now a stay-at-home wife (no kids other than two cats atm), and an online instructor for a community college. I used to teach in classroom and online, but when I got married and we had to move away for my husband's job, they let me keep teaching online! Yay! I teach mostly Advanced Excel and Advanced Power Point now. I used to teach basic PC lit in classroom, and taught a semester of Photoshop as well. I have several Associates' Degrees (Information Technology, Web Design, and Digital Effects & Animation...aka DEA), a diploma in Desktop Publishing (kinda outdated now, but concepts are the same), a certificate in Game Design, and a BA in Studio Art. So I'm kinda all over the place. :D

I love digital photography, reading, anything that has to do with Star Wars (NEW MOVIES!!!!!), other sci-fy super hero movies, World of Warcraft, drawing, bowling, the mountains, my cats and my family, pet battling, and now all of you! I'm so tickled to have a community that shares my battle pet obsession. In my main hunter's guild there are a few people who pet battle, but having a whole community that gets me? Wow. And the ability to help that community out? Even better!

Feel free to ask me anything and if I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find it out and get back to you!

I haven't been playing WoW for very long. I started playing about halfway through Cataclysm. However, I had been exposed to it before then. My roommate played all through college and I swore I'd never play...lol...then I met my husband, and he kinda got me hooked. I still feel like a new player though; I only have two level 100s, two 90s, and LOTS of toons in the process of leveling. I am definitely an alt-oholic.

I do a bit of everything in game, raiding, farming (fishing, leather, etc), PET BATTLES!!!!!, PvP when the situation requires it (aka achievement related mostly), and try to keep my main's guild running smoothly. (It's actually my husband's guild, but you know)

By the way, Irayna, I love my in-game cats also! It was torture when I just had one pet left for my "Crazy Cat Lady" title, and they were all super hard to get. But I have it now, and it's pretty much my default on all my toons. :) I also named some of my in-game cats after real life ones. I have a http://www.wowhead.com/npc=7386/white-kitten named "Anastasia", after my current white kitty, and a http://www.wowhead.com/npc=34364/calico-cat named "Midnight", after an old tortoiseshell cat we had growing up.

Ehly, I'm jealous that you're going to get to play with a 3D printer. Right after I graduated from my DEA program, the department got a 3D printer and started printing out student models. Grr.

Well that ended up being a lot longer than I intended. lol
ImageImage
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Request Checker
Guide Forum Manager
PawPrint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Manager
Recruitment Team
Social Media Team

Ehly
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Ehly » April 25th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Jedikitten wrote:Ehly, I'm jealous that you're going to get to play with a 3D printer. Right after I graduated from my DEA program, the department got a 3D printer and started printing out student models. Grr.
I'm looking forward to it. Hub is on his second. Technically it's ours, but it's connected to his computer and very complex. I'm getting a smaller, simpler one. I want to build it myself and start out printing small items until I get the hang of it.

tattoolady34
United States of America

Post by tattoolady34 » April 25th, 2015, 8:05 pm

My name is Laura. I'm originally from IL but moved to FL in 2012 to be with my then bf (now husband of 2+ years). We met on WOW on Argent Dawn. I have been playing the game since BC and fell in love with it. I was always a pet, title, mount collector but more so when they made the pets not take up bag space.

I work at Disney's Epcot so I have really strange hours some weeks. We just moved about a week ago to a new apartment (which means even less playing atm with the packing/unpacking on my free time) and are trying to settle in. My husband and I have 3 cats. We just lost our oldest cat in November. Speaking of loss, I am a mother to an Angel (Lorenzo). He would have been 2 this year. :(

I'm not into many hobbies except WOW. I do read when I have time and watch tv shows on Hulu...also Farmville on my phone lol ( don't judge me). Not much else to tell. My main on the game is Zuël (Argent Dawn) but I've been a little bored of her lately. I started out playing Horde but then moved to Ally which I play for the most part anymore. I don't really have a preference either way though.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » April 26th, 2015, 1:42 am

Hello Everyone! My name is Colleen aka Sgt.Pepperx. I currently live in Temecula, AZ, but am originally from Colorado. I've been playing WoW since the original Beta with a few breaks between then and now. My home server is Muradin, which has about 10 people who play on it at any given time, has a horrible economy, next to no raid progression and otherwise just a really quiet server, but even after all these years and my vast amount of complaining about it, I still call it home and chances are Pepper will be there till the end of time.

When I'm in the game I tend to look for creative ways to waste time. Such as fishing, pet battling, sometimes running old raids for mounts (which never drop.), and when the mood strikes me grinding out rep. I have a ton of alts that range between the levels of 100 to level 10. I use to be heavy into PVP, but over the years I have lost interest in it for the most part. I also can never seem to hold onto gold, as there is always something shiny I find on the AH that I need right that second.

When I'm not in the game, I enjoy hanging out with my husband and smelly pit bull, reading (HUGE Stephen King fan, and love Sci-Fi, thrillers, and suspense novels.), watching movies (I'm a huge classic film buff.), working on various arts and crafts (I paint gourds.), hiking, cooking, and hanging out at the beach. My favorite show is LOST and will talk to anyone forever about it. I am also a huge Beatles fan, which is why I earned the title Sgt. twice for Pepper, since that's the reason why I wanted to name her Pepper in the first place. I'm also a big Silent Hill (the game) nut.

The only other game I'm playing right now is Diablo 3.

I love making new friends in game, so feel free to add me to your friendslist!
DahVoodoo @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Kabooki/

Tuasemper

Post by Tuasemper » May 8th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Hi! My guild name is Tuaspets. I play on Garrosh though, & my main there is named Tuasemper, she's a tank. I have a hunter named Aleisha, & a rogue named Koti. I played WoW for about 3 yrs. I jumped into it towards the end of WotLK, & stopped playing during Pandaria. I left WoW to play Rift. Played Rift for about 2 yrs, but came back to WoW for WoD. I meant to only finish the Garrison & go back to Rift, but what can I say. I got hooked again. :) I used to raid alot. I would tank for the guild runs, or DPS LFR's with a small guild group.

I'm a 39 yr old stay at home wife, & I homeschool my son. I have homeschooled him from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. He's 8. :) I have a Boston Terrier named Jak (named after Jak & Daxter because that's the game my son was playing when we got him, & he named him), a black & white cat named Sly (short for the old cartoon cat Sylvester), & had a Spider Ball Python named Ripley ( named after the one & only ;)), but she died recently. I'm from Tx & hubby is from Louisiana. I can't have any more kids, so in an attempt to be everything I can be for my son, I like to catch frogs, geckos, snakes, bugs or anything else we can find. The only thing I don't do is spiders.

I love to game, watch movies, read, shoot pool, go fishing, go camping, look at things under our microscope, look through our telescope, go hiking, love to cook, love to make jewelry, & I like to go to antique shops.

If you're ever on Garrosh, feel free to holler at me!
Tuaspets @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Tuasemper/

ladytr0uble

Post by ladytr0uble » June 3rd, 2015, 10:54 am

I finally made my way to this Intro thread.

Hello everyone! I'm Ladytr0uble because trouble always has a way of finding me. I'm a native New Yorker.

It looks like I found a place to fit right in. I was so psyched to find a whole community who loves battle pets as much as I do. And the icing on the cake: crafters!!

I mainly knit but also dabble with crochet (mainly amigarumi --one day I am going to crochet a Moonkin), jewelry repurposing (I turn old/broken pieces of jewelry into stitch markers), embroidery. Knitting keeps me entertained while I camp pets/rares and during my 45min commute; I have gotten quite good at knitting standing up on the subway. I have only gotten yelled at once, by a guy who was convinced that my (size 9) knitting needles were going to jump across 2 seats and stab him in the eye.

Two of my coworkers got me into WoW in Pandaria. I don't mind dungeons or raids but I mainly raid via LFR. I still feel like I'm running to catch up with the everyone else: gear, pets, professions. I main an enhancement Shaman. But I find that I love my frost DK and my ret Pally just as much. In fact my Pally is my favorite atm.

I am a sales reporting analyst for a big bank ; it's just a fancy way of saying that I set up macros in Excel to publish reports to tell our bankers how much they rocked (or sucked) the day before/this week/ this month /this year/against last year. So while my bff Excel does all the hard work, I get some downtime to research more battle pets.

I live with my bf and our 9yo English bulldog Mugzy. I have been with my bf 10 years and living with him for 2.

In case my long post didn't tip you off, I love to talk.

Windedwolf81
United States of America

Post by Windedwolf81 » June 9th, 2015, 8:48 am

I pretty much just found this thread :)!

Hi i'm Tabitha aka Windedwolf. I actually started playing wow in January after it came out so i too just missed that veteran reward...(made me pretty mad actually.) I started playing after my husband told me to try the game instead of bugging him why he played games similar to wow all the time. needless to say it stuck. he has moved on from wow many times but i keep playing it. i have branched out and tried other games (rift, city of heroes etc) but i love my wow. I started getting into collecting pets right off the bat. my main was a druid on the alliance side and then i made a hunter so i went back and forth between the two. right now hunter is my only 100. yes i only have one.
I missed the beginning of the latest expansion due to taking over my mothers care giving, then her passing away in jan. Wow has slowly helped me get back into doing things i love its been a very tough road.

I met my husband online in 2001 and moved to ct to be with him. i use to live in upper state NY. We have been married 6 years actually june 13! We met in a chat room on a chat server way before all these online dating came out. We have three cats. Eclipse is a long haired cat pure black and has plenty of aggression issues but we love him. Serena is a tabby striped kitty and is a total sweetheart. they are both 11. Stormy aka the baby (we call her and she actually answers to it) she is grey and white. she just turned 7 and is having some breathing issues lately so lots of vet time with her yay. We have no children and right now don't plan on having any just keeping the kitties as our babies. Mainly due to my husband being in kidney failure. Its tough with just that right now let alone throw kids into the mix.

I work for a company called Aldi. I'm a shift manager there. bottom of the rung for management but have been there for 11 1\2 years. At aldi we do everything from stocking the shelves from our trucks to ringing to trying not to kill frustrating customers :). its not what i figured i be doing but for now it works.

I love playing wow and other video games. currently other then wow i'm into skylanders. I love reading. i'm a big nora roberts/j.d robb fan. the only crafting i'm really into is scrap booking and some crocheting. I love watching Disney movies and spending time with my husband.

I also really like to talk if you can't tell by my long post. i'm also excited to have found this place and look forward to getting to know many of you!

Return to “Everything Else”