!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

A Home For A New Waka

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

A Home For A New Waka

Post by Wakamaru » December 2nd, 2015, 1:20 am

Hey Everyone!

So an upcoming A3 project is going to require the create and leveling of a brand new character on a brand new account (well, our A3 account). I've been sitting on the this project for a while now and am really in the mood to get it rolling *but* I'm not really wild about my server. I still have my mains there and all but my friends are pretty spread out so I'm not exactly attached to the server. *SO* I thought hey - why not make this one on a new server?

So the reason for my post... Is anyone particularly fond of their server? Why? What server / faction?

I'm not particularly concerned with the AH market, I can make a living anywhere.

Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Re: A Home For A New Waka

Post by Shegrah » December 2nd, 2015, 1:40 am

I like my server, The Forgotten Coast, because it's a lower population server. It's nice for finding the rare spawns you want drops from. It is a pvp server with more than one other server attached to it, so both alliance and horde are running around. The ratio is about even and a lot of world pvp is easy to avoid. If you want to raid however it wouldn't work out well at all. As for faction I will always recommend Horde because that's the only place to find the prettiest race, Tauren. But on this server I'm pretty sure either would work out.

Before they started the cross server realms I was actually able to get all the rare spawn battle only pets without much work. If you're worried about availability of items on the AH that is a concern not all that many people farm rarer items. I'm still looking for my Viscous Horror. The last one I saw was probably 6 months ago.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » December 2nd, 2015, 5:53 pm

Zangarmarsh has been my alliance server home since I started playing. It was the suggested realm when I rolled and I had no clue that I couldn't play with the friend who sold me on the idea of WoW (before RAF) so there I was, a hapless druid wandering around Teldrassil.

Zangar, if anything, has gotten a lot more quiet as of late. I don't know if that's because I'm just not on as much as I used to be (true) or with cross realm zones it's harder to tell when I'm actually meeting anybody who is actually on Zangar/Hellscream.

With the merge it doesn't feel like anything has really changed server wise. It still feels slightly smaller, so if you're going alliance and want smaller (though maybe it's due to when I play which is later at night).

For horde I really like Wyrmrest Accord. I have my horde alts all stationed there and while most languish at lower levels my boosted mage stumbled upon a fun and laid back guild while out timewalking. There are actually guilds there that do social things still!?

Well, that's where I live and a quick synopsis. Good luck!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

Astrae
Superstar
Superstar
Canada

Post by Astrae » December 2nd, 2015, 8:57 pm

I second Wyrmrest Accord for Horde. I haven't played Alli much yet (although that is changing right now!) I like to play on RP realms even when I am not planning to RP my character, because I find the community to be WAY friendlier, more helpful, and polite. Also people are open to being social and walk-ups are common. I felt more comfortable having Starfire level with me on an RP server because of this. Wyrmrest is a high pop server, which is not good for finding rares (that's what server hopping is for), but it is good for finding a guild! I also just like being around other people RPing. Silvermoon is actually busy... and I find it really cool to see people actually walking around cities and talking to others.

lunadaat
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by lunadaat » December 7th, 2015, 2:33 am

I really love Draka Alliance side. It is were my family is at and many of my friends. I have meet more nice ppl than rude here and this was were I first created my guild years ago, even if it is kinda empty at the moment. lol

Return to “Everything Else”