!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Battlenet Launcher

flameflash
United States of America

Battlenet Launcher

Post by flameflash » May 28th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Waka's post in the new members thread made me wonder: how do you order your battlnet games?

Is WoW still on top for you?

This is how mine is currently ordered:
Screenshot 2016-05-28 19.49.02.png
Why is it ordered this way? I have it in order of play frequency and desire.

WoW is at the top because that's what I play most. Heroes comes next because while I'm not in it often, that's the next one I would want to play if I'm done in WoW and still have time (and can go uninterrupted).

Hearthstone is there in the middle because it's a great pop in, play, pop out.

D3 and SCII come next because I don't end up playing either of them very often. I enjoy them, but they don't feel the easiest to put down when I need to get up and say, wash a toddler who has decided to paint herself in vanilla yogurt.

Overwatch comes in last in my list because my primary computer is a Mac. Having it anywhere else on the list and that would make me sad that I have to kick my son off the laptop he primarily uses to be able to play it. It's a great game, and I've enjoyed playing it, (got to level 11 last night!) but I also feel guilty about the idea of kicking him off of what he might be doing just so I can play something. :p

Too long, didn't read? How do you have your Battlenet organized? Similar to mine? Did you even know you could rearrange the icons? (It was news to me too.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Re: Battlenet Launcher

Post by OzinLA » May 28th, 2016, 10:42 pm

flameflash wrote: How do you have your Battlenet organized? Similar to mine? Did you even know you could rearrange the icons? (It was news to me too.)
I had no idea that you could order them...so I guess this is the default? Good thing, as the only games I play with any regularity are WoW and D3. Oops, I don't know how to screen cap on my second monitor (the big one, for games...).
1. WoW
2. Diablo III
3. Starcraft (play sporadically)
4. Hearthstone (I would delete this to the bottom rung of hell if I could)
5. Heroes of the Storm (wish I had time to play more)
6. Overwatch (don't even have the game)

But now that I am enlightened by flameflash, I've moved HotS up into no. 3 position.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » May 28th, 2016, 11:06 pm

I actually found this out a while back on accident, courtesy of kitty bean toes stepping on my mouse and various keyboard buttons. I order mine according to the "popularity" in which I play them.
bnetorder.png
WoW is of course first since it gets most of my attention. Although I don't play as much as I used to, I still pop in for Garrisons, Auctions, and A3 stuffs.

I play Overwatch and HotS about equal, I really enjoy both of them. Overwatch is on top since it's new and shiny and seeing more action at the moment.

Starcraft II is next. I never intended to play it initially, but one day I decided to give it a try in order to justify purchasing another digital deluxe to get a pet. I wound up really enjoying it and playing through the first two games campaigns. I've started on the void campaign, but I haven't had a chance to finish it just yet. One day!

D3 and Hearthstone are pretty much tied for last. For whatever reason these two games haven't been able to hold my interest, but I jump in randomly from time to time still.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Fenrasta
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Fenrasta » May 29th, 2016, 9:37 am

Like OzinLA, mine were in the default order (same as she posted). I had no idea they could be reordered.

Here's my new order, though:
WoW (the one I play most, by far)
HotS (play a few times a month with my husband & friends, but rarely to never by myself)
Diablo (haven't played in over a year)
Starcraft (haven't played in a couple years)
Hearthstone (play very sporadically, but more likely to play on phone than on a computer)
Overwatch (no interest; do not have, though might get & play it if they tie a pet to it like they did with HotS)

-Fen

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » May 29th, 2016, 11:48 am

Mine is popularity as well, except that the last three I don't really pay attention to since I don't play any of them. :)
Launcher.JPG

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 29th, 2016, 4:46 pm

I never knew they could be ordered. The order now is ingrained, so I probably won't change it. If I did, it would be...

WoW
Some order of D3, HotS and Overwatch
SCII and Hearthstone which I don't play

I actually like SCII but I'm so bad at it I can't even get through casual story mode.

I should maybe get back into Hearthstone vs AI for dailies. I wasn't absolutely terrible at it, but trying to play ranked for a card back I wanted really made me grumpy.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 30th, 2016, 12:27 pm

solitha wrote:I never knew they could be ordered. The order now is ingrained, so I probably won't change it. If I did, it would be...
I actually like SCII but I'm so bad at it I can't even get through casual story mode.

I should maybe get back into Hearthstone vs AI for dailies. I wasn't absolutely terrible at it, but trying to play ranked for a card back I wanted really made me grumpy.
I'm glad I'm not alone on these two games.

I often manage to squeak out the ranked to 20 by the end of the season but usually just barely.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

Jedikitten
Team Member
Team Member
United States of America

Post by Jedikitten » May 30th, 2016, 11:27 pm

I had no idea that we could customize this. lol
[align=center][attachment=0]DefaulLauncherOrder~053016.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]CustomizedLauncherOrder~053016.png[/attachment][/align]
My order is WoW, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes, Diablo, Starcraft. I play WoW the most, followed by Hearthstone and Overwatch. Those two may switch orders, not sure yet. Since Hearthstone has seniority, it gets to stay above Overwatch, however, I enjoy both games pretty well. Heroes of the Storm is next. I don't particularly care for it, but I really, really need to play it some more so I can at least get my Graves. Diablo isn't fully upgraded, I don't ever play it, and Starcraft I don't have yet, but I probably will get it at some point, just for the pets. :P
ImageImage
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Request Checker
Guide Forum Manager
PawPrint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Manager
Recruitment Team
Social Media Team

tinibree
United States of America

Post by tinibree » May 31st, 2016, 8:58 pm

Image 3742.png
Wow is what I mostly play, I'm loving Overwatch, and I like Hearthstone more than HotS and don't own the other two.

Fenrasta
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Fenrasta » June 1st, 2016, 9:11 am

solitha wrote: I actually like SCII but I'm so bad at it I can't even get through casual story mode.
flameflash wrote: I'm glad I'm not alone on these two games.
I'm the same way with SCII. With persistence (and some simple beating my head against a wall) I managed to finish the first campaign, then with the first xpac I only got to the 3rd scenario, and that was incredibly difficult. I wish there was a way to change the difficulty for those of us who want to play through for the story but aren't at a competitive level or anything close to it. I ended up watching the story when my husband played through, since he's much better at it than I am.

Hearthstone I usually ended up around 17, once 16, but I'm so much a collector (duh, for us A3 members!) that when I realized I couldn't get the cards as fast as they were being released without spending a bunch of real money or playing for hours a day (that makes it a job, not a game!) I lost most of my interest.

-Fen

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » June 1st, 2016, 11:46 am

I had no idea I could reorganize these either haha. I just set up mine as WoW, Overwatch, HotS, D3, Starcraft 2, and Hearthstone. I don't actually own Starcraft but I'd be more likely to play it than Hearthstone so it comes first. After WoW almost all the other Blizzard games I play only when a friend asks me to play with them. I guess you could say other than wow they are organized based off what my friends play with me most often.

Return to “Everything Else”