The A3 forum now has its very own @mention system. This system will allow you to tag people in posts that you want to include in a discussion or gain the attention of. It will work very similar to the @mention system in Discord. To use the @mention system, simply start by typing an @ and then start typing the name of the person you want to mention. You will see a drop down menu appear with name suggestions. Click the name you wish to mention. The system will convert that name into the proper coding for you and you can continue with your message. The mention will be red and bold in your post, and the member will receive a notification that they have been mentioned in your post.
Members will now earn an annual star for each year of membership of on the forum. Stars can be seen in member profiles as well as their information panel to the left of their posts/responses. Example: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=137
Custom profile fields such as BattleTag, Discord Name, Twitter, etc. are now hidden from anyone not logged in. This allows you to share info such as your BattleTag with other members through your profile, but not with the public. BattleTags will now also display in members' information panels to the left of their posts/responses. Private custom profile fields include A3 character name, PA character name, WCP name, WCP profile link, BattleTag, Discord Name, Steam Name, Website, Twitter, Occupation, Facebook, Interests and Referred By. Example: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=137
Member Info In Topic
The member info panel to the left of posts/responses has been spruced up. It now includes the following: annual stars, A3 character name, BattleTag, and Discord name. These fields will only show up if you enter the info in your member profile. Profiles can be edited here: ucp.php?i=178
. Contact and character information will only be displayed to other members when logged into their account.
Private Message Progress Bar
The private message inbox page now has a progress bar to indicate how full your inbox is.
New Front Page
The main page of the A3 community site has been redone. The often overlooked slider has been removed and there is a brand new sidebar menu setup. The following information blocks can be found in the sidebar:
- Welcome: You can find info about you and your account, including how many new posts there are since your last visit.
- Featured Member: Features a random ACTIVE member every 24 hours.
- Recent Forum Topics: Displays links to the five newest forum posts.
- Statistics: Displays forum statistics including who our newest member is. This was previously found at the bottom of the forum.
- Birthday: It will only show when a member has a birthday. This was previously found at the bottom of the forum.
- Main Menu: The classic A3 menu options.
- Helpful Resources: Contains our classic helpful resource links, as well as a few new ones.
- Sponsoring A3!: Contains information about sponsoring A3 through PayPal and Patreon.
In addition to these information blocks, the following blocks can be located at the bottom of the forum:
- Who Is Online: Show who is currently online as well as overall online activity statistics.
- Flags: This block was added in the last minute update. It shows what countries our members are from!
Last, but not least, as with any major update we’ve splashed on some new colors and a new banner. The community is dressed and ready for summer!
Several features had to be removed because they weren’t compatible with version 3.2. As updates roll out for them, we may reintroduce them at a later time. The following features were removed:
- FAQ Manager (page)
- Light Box
- PM / Registration Bar
- Post Templates
- Quick Reply With BBcode Options
- PM Welcome
Glitches and Ongoing Issues
As with any major WoW patch, this type of major version update comes with kinks that will need to be worked out. At this point, most major issues have been sorted out, but you may stumble into a few here and there on the forum.
What to do if you find a mess:
- Push CTRL+F5 on your keyboard. This will force a cache refresh and should fix what you are seeing.
- If the above does not work, clear the cache for your browser as you normally would and then reload the page.
- If the problem persists take a screenshot of it and send the screenshot to Wakamaru. Include details such as what browser you are using and whether you followed the above steps. Screenshots can be sent via forum PM, Discord DM, or posted in the #support channel on Discord.
PhPBB3 version 3.2 is now using a new engine to manage BBcodes. As a result of this, some BBcodes will no longer work. We will be undergoing a major cleanup effort for any recent or important posts where this broken BBcode exists. Please refrain from using the following codes: col, col3, col4 and readmore= (v. 3.1.x). The cleanup effort will take some time due to the number of posts we have on the forum.
We will not be actively seeking out old posts; however, if you stumble across an old post where you find broken code, please follow these steps to alert us:
- In the upper right-hand portion of the post or response with the broken code, locate and click on the exclamation mark. This will allow you to create a report.
- Next to 'Reason', click the drop down menu and select 'There is broken BBcode in this post'.
- Include any details you want in the 'Further Information' section.
- Click Submit.
This will flag the post and generate a report for Wakamaru or another admin to see.