!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Question: Switching characters  [ANSWERED]

solitha
United States of America

Question: Switching characters

Post by solitha » March 15th, 2016, 5:58 pm

I originally joined in-game on a toon on my second account. With the end-of-xpac meh's, I took a rather extended /afk from the game, and have let my second account lapse on its subscription.

I wanted to let you guys know, if she hasn't been kicked out yet, that the original "Solitha" character should be disappearing and that I'd like to request guild membership on a new toon, probably the same name, but on my main account this time.

I have a LOT of pets to chuck at you guys again. :D

Is there anything I need to do specifically?

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Switching characters

Post by Wakamaru » March 16th, 2016, 1:28 am

Hi Irayna!

Thanks for tagging me in the post! I'm more than happy to jump in and provide an answer. :D

Hi Solitha!

First, I'm sorry to hear that your second account is no longer alive! I do understand the end-of-xpac meh's though. I'm pretty much as far as I'm going to go with the xpac at this point, but I stay active for A3.

Second, your character has not been kicked out. There was one occasion where a few people had been removed for excessive prolonged absence early on when we were getting hit with so many new members so quickly because we were concerned about space. This is something that is no longer done and will not be done again unless we start to run low on space.

Now, about switching toons... The biggest issue to take into consideration is that we only allow people to collect pets for one account. Although you could still post pet requests, to be fair and honor our rules we couldn't allow you to adopt/win anything from A3 that you had already received on the second account. You are more than welcome to switch characters/accounts with A3, but please keep this in mind.

In order to switch characters we'd need your info on the A3 site to be updated. Your WCP account would need to be updated as linked to the new account OR you would need a second WCP account for the new account. If you choose to use a second WCP account you would need to update that URL here.

Aside from this, there really isn't anything you'd need to do special. If you PM me your Btag I can have the recruitment team send you a wave of invites and one of us can get your new toon added and the old toon removed. Should you reactivate the other account later on and want it to be apart of A3 also you would be welcome to add it to our sister guild.

I hope this answers your question/s! :D

Thanks,
Waka
Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

solitha
United States of America

Re: Switching characters

Post by solitha » March 16th, 2016, 2:39 am

Oh! The other "account" as in WoW license. It's all one battle.net account, all the same pet collection, and my WCP link remains the same.

My original intent was to rapidly funnel pets from my "pet shelter" toon on my main account, to my AAA toon on the second account. Turns out, you can't do that easily; the pet interface locks when you have two open.

I'd like to delete the old toon first (Solitha) so I can re-use the name when I create the new one, if that's all right.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Switching characters  [ANSWERED]

Post by Wakamaru » March 16th, 2016, 7:34 pm

solitha wrote:Oh! The other "account" as in WoW license. It's all one battle.net account, all the same pet collection, and my WCP link remains the same.

My original intent was to rapidly funnel pets from my "pet shelter" toon on my main account, to my AAA toon on the second account. Turns out, you can't do that easily; the pet interface locks when you have two open.

I'd like to delete the old toon first (Solitha) so I can re-use the name when I create the new one, if that's all right.
Hi Solitha!

That sounds great :D I do remember running into that same issue when I was using linked accounts when RAFing for rewards. It always seemed like I got locked on the account I was trying to do something.

I received your PM with the Btag included. I'll forward to the recruitment team and we will work on connecting with you to get you readded :)

Thanks!
Waka
Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin