!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Question: Curious about guild name  [ANSWERED]

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Question: Curious about guild name

Post by OzinLA » April 30th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Heya, low priority question, but something that niggles at my editor's brain - I see you refer to the guild as Azeroth Adoption Agency, but when I look at the Armory it is Azeroth Pet Adoptions (hence the verbiage in my sig). Now, A3 is sexier looking than APA, and there are two other Azeroth Adoption Agency guilds out there (one horde, one alliance), but is my armory lying to me? If not, it seems a neat way to distinguish the guild (APA) and the forums (A3). Or is it just something I need to file in my "get over the OCD already" bin?
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Curious about guild name  [ANSWERED]

Post by Wakamaru » April 30th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Hi OzinLA!

The reason that our guild is named Azeroth Pet Adoptions is because when Rusti went to make the guild back in December it would not allow us to have the full name "Azeroth Adoption Agency" because it was too long. Something has changed between the time those other two (inactive) guilds were made and when we were made that this amount of characters in a guild name is no longer allowed. The project has always been called Azeroth Adoption Agency since its birth even before the need for an actual guild arose and as such we blanket refer to everything as Azeroth Adoption Agency - or A3. The guild name was just an unfortunate technicality.

This project started out as as simple forum thread on WCPets and there was no need for an actual guild because of it's initial size. Since it was named this from the very beginning - we prefer and will continue to refer to ourselves as Azeroth Adoption Agency. We have no plans of ever switching over to calling ourselves Azeroth Pet Adoptions or APA.

In short... we refer to ourselves by the PROJECT name, not the guild name. Project came before the guild by quite an amount of time.
Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Rusti
Founder
Founder
United States of America

Re: Question: Curious about guild name

Post by Rusti » July 14th, 2015, 11:03 pm

Bumping this here to point out that we have officially conducted a guild name change and it is now uniform with the website. We are now known as Azeroth Adoption Agency in all avenues!

Return to “Help Section”