!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Feedback: Clicking on a thread takes you to the last page instead of first  [ANSWERED]

Hushpad
United States of America

Feedback: Clicking on a thread takes you to the last page instead of first

Post by Hushpad » May 2nd, 2015, 5:40 am

I noticed when I click on a thread that has more than one page, it automatically takes me to the very last post on the last page within that thread. But I think it should load the first post within the thread to insure important information isn't missed.

All I have to do is click and scroll up, so it's just a suggestion, but I think it would better to start at the beginning if it's possible to put it back that way.

p.s. if this is just a setting I need to change please let me know and I'll correct it

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Suggestion: Clicking on a thread takes you to the last page instead of first

Post by Wakamaru » May 2nd, 2015, 6:27 am

Hushpad wrote:I noticed when I click on a thread that has more than one page, it automatically takes me to the very last post on the last page within that thread. But I think it should load the first post within the thread to insure important information isn't missed.

All I have to do is click and scroll up, so it's just a suggestion, but I think it would better to start at the beginning if it's possible to put it back that way.

p.s. if this is just a setting I need to change please let me know and I'll correct it
This is a great idea Hushpad, thank you for your input. I'm not 100% on how to set this up for us however I will look in to and then include it my next group of updates if possible.

Thanks!
Waka

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Ivrae

Re: Suggestion: Clicking on a thread takes you to the last page instead of first  [ANSWERED]

Post by Ivrae » May 2nd, 2015, 7:03 am

Threads already have this behavior for me when clicking on them from inside a forum - they load the first post of the first page when I click on the title. It's only if I click on the link under last post (both in the forum and on the front page) that it takes me to, well, the last post in that thread. I'm not sure that this is behavior that needs to be changed? Or maybe it's set funny for certain groups - I can't be sure.
Adotu @ Azeroth Adoption Agency | Chryllinite @ Petoholics Anonymous
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Ivrae/

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Suggestion: Clicking on a thread takes you to the last page instead of first

Post by Wakamaru » May 2nd, 2015, 7:53 am

Ivrae wrote:Threads already have this behavior for me when clicking on them from inside a forum - they load the first post of the first page when I click on the title. It's only if I click on the link under last post (both in the forum and on the front page) that it takes me to, well, the last post in that thread. I'm not sure that this is behavior that needs to be changed? Or maybe it's set funny for certain groups - I can't be sure.
I see now - Ivrae is correct here.

When you click the post from the "topics" section it takes you to the original post.
firstpost.png
When you click the post in the "last post" section it takes you to the last response.
lastpost.png
This is intended behavior and it does not vary between groups/ranks. I have checked this cross-browser and it appears to be working correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Jedikitten
Team Member
Team Member
United States of America

Post by Jedikitten » May 2nd, 2015, 2:57 pm

Another thing to consider are your display options. I think the solution for this topic is what has already been discussed, however there are some options you can set to change the display order of topics and posts as well. For example if you wanted the most recent post to be first in your list, etc.
1430592303887.jpg
Also, there is one other "clicking" option when there are unread items in a thread. If you click on the tiny icon it will take you to the first unread post (as opposed to either the first or last post).
1430592755313.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Request Checker
Guide Forum Manager
PawPrint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Manager
Recruitment Team
Social Media Team

Hushpad
United States of America

Post by Hushpad » May 2nd, 2015, 10:30 pm

Thanks you guys!

Return to “Help Section”