!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Addon to show duplicate pets?

Zandorian

Addon to show duplicate pets?

Post by Zandorian » April 24th, 2015, 4:40 pm

Anyone know an addon that will show my duplicate pets? Hopefully it can optionally only show duplicate breeds as well.

I may be able to donate more pets if I knew my duplicates...

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Addon to show duplicate pets?

Post by Wakamaru » April 24th, 2015, 5:04 pm

There isn't really a solid addon for this - however WarcraftPets.com has an amazing feature for this.

1. Go to http://warcraftpets.com
2. Click on Pets & Filter Pets By...
Waka
duplicatepets.png
3. Find the Filters option and set it INCLUDE "Collected" and "Collected (Duplicates)". I usually also EXCLUDE "Collected (Level 25)" as I have a lot of double 25's for various teams.

4. If you are looking for pets you can trade you can also add the "Is tradable" filter to INCLUDE.
duplicatepets2.png
5. Click Apply.

These filters will show all of your duplicate non-L25 pets tradable pets. Make sure you re-import your collection first for the most up-to-date list.

Hope this helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Ivrae

Post by Ivrae » April 24th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Actually, Rematch allows you to display duplicates - it allows you to search for 2+ pets, or only 3+ pets, as well as plenty of other filtering options. If used in conjunction with Battle Pet BreedID it will also display the breed of each pet. While I cannot seem to get it to search specifically by breed, any duplicate pets would display their breed directly in the list so you could identify them pretty easily still.
Adotu @ Azeroth Adoption Agency | Chryllinite @ Petoholics Anonymous
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Ivrae/

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » April 24th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Ivrae wrote:Actually, Rematch allows you to display duplicates - it allows you to search for 2+ pets, or only 3+ pets, as well as plenty of other filtering options. If used in conjunction with Battle Pet BreedID it will also display the breed of each pet. While I cannot seem to get it to search specifically by breed, any duplicate pets would display their breed directly in the list so you could identify them pretty easily still.
Ah I forgot about the Rematch feature. I have so many doubles that the WCP method has always been most efficient for me. That said I also name my extra pets so I can find them quickly... If it's a pet I want to keep an alt breed on I name it "Breed", if it's a extra pet I want to keep just because I named it "Duplicate", and if it's a extra pet I can trade/get rid of I name it "Extra" lol. So if I need to locate my extras for sale/trade I just type in "Extra". I started doing this last xpac when I was leveling all of my pets in order to keep myself better organized. I kept accidentally leveling duplicate pets. I knew if it was named Duplicate it was a extra and not meant to be leveled lol. :P

Updated 1st post, forgot to include the "Is tradable" filter in the screenshot.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Ivrae

Post by Ivrae » April 24th, 2015, 5:27 pm

Wakamaru wrote: Ah I forgot about the Rematch feature. I have so many doubles that the WCP method has always been most efficient for me. That said I also name my extra pets so I can find them quickly... If it's a pet I want to keep an alt breed on I name it "Breed", if it's a extra pet I want to keep just because I named it "Duplicate", and if it's a extra pet I can trade/get rid of I name it "Extra" lol. So if I need to locate my extras for sale/trade I just type in "Extra". I started doing this last xpac when I was leveling all of my pets in order to keep myself better organized. I kept accidentally leveling duplicate pets. I knew if it was named Duplicate it was a extra and not meant to be leveled lol. :P

Updated 1st post, forgot to include the "Is tradable" filter.
Heh, I tend to keep only one of most pets - I only keep two or three if I think I might have a use for a different breed at some point, or if I just can't decide which breed I like best (or if it's difficult to find and I don't want to go looking for it again, ever). So I usually use the duplicate search in Rematch to quickly locate which pets I have that I can gift to people - or donate, now that the agency is here.

The WCP profile method works but I like that Rematch lets you find them while in game since it makes it easier to cage them all quickly, rather than searching for each one by name (or spending the time to nickname them all Extra, hahaha - that never even occurred to me, it's a good idea).
Adotu @ Azeroth Adoption Agency | Chryllinite @ Petoholics Anonymous
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Ivrae/

Shegrah
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Shegrah » April 24th, 2015, 8:13 pm

I use PetJournal Enhanced. It lets you sort not only by how many of a pet you have but a bunch of other things as well. Some choices are level, quality, source, ability type, specialization, and location. I use it often to determine how many non-rares I have left as well as how many pets are not level 25. I really like that I can limit the level of pets I'm looking at. I level my pets up to around 10 so that when I have the right daily at my garrison I can level pets without worrying about them getting one shot. I also sort out my level 21-24 pets when I use leveling stones on them. I find it really helpful.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » April 24th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Ivrae wrote: Heh, I tend to keep only one of most pets - I only keep two or three if I think I might have a use for a different breed at some point, or if I just can't decide which breed I like best (or if it's difficult to find and I don't want to go looking for it again, ever).
I liked to pick up pets who came in multiple good breeds and some of the ones who come in multiple colors and sizes. So I have quite a few extras. I also keep a few extras of the nicer ones for specific PvP teams. Or if I stumbled over one of the more rare ones as rare (but didn't need it), I picked it up anyway. Can't hurt and I can always let the go later on.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Zandorian

Post by Zandorian » April 25th, 2015, 4:20 am

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know you could search your own collection using warcraft pets. Neat. I found Rematch did the trick. Sort by name, then filter by 2+, and Tradeable. That showed a list of my duplicates next to each other, with an icon next to each indicating breed. So it was easy to see even breed duplicates.

Rematch is great!

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Post by OzinLA » May 1st, 2015, 9:37 pm

Shegrah wrote:I use PetJournal Enhanced. It lets you sort not only by how many of a pet you have but a bunch of other things as well. Some choices are level, quality, source, ability type, specialization, and location. I use it often to determine how many non-rares I have left as well as how many pets are not level 25. I really like that I can limit the level of pets I'm looking at. I level my pets up to around 10 so that when I have the right daily at my garrison I can level pets without worrying about them getting one shot. I also sort out my level 21-24 pets when I use leveling stones on them. I find it really helpful.
I cannot live without PetJournal Enhanced. Even after I recently added Rematch. Consider your comment upvoted x100 Shegrah.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » May 1st, 2015, 10:01 pm

OzinLA wrote:I cannot live without PetJournal Enhanced. Even after I recently added Rematch.
I agree here. I used PetJournal Enhanced as well and it's a must-have. You don't realize how poor the default filter options are until the addon breaks a bit after an expansion or patch. Rematch or no Rematch, it's a must-have.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » May 2nd, 2015, 12:42 am

You can also create a macro:

Code: Select all

/script local a,d={},{} local _,o=C_PetJournal.GetNumPets(false)for i=1,o do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,n=C_PetJournal.GetPetInfoByIndex(i,false)if tContains(a,n)and not tContains(d,n)then tinsert(d,n)else tinsert(a,n)end end for a,b in pairs(d)do print(b)end
But I assume you're going to want to do something with them if you have them, so PetJournal Enhanced is good for that (I'm sure Rematch is as well, but PJE is just simple). I actually use that when I'm caging pets to donate... I log into my Agency Toon, set the journal to not show Quantity: 1 and cage one of each pet that shows up.

Return to “UI, Addons, & Macros”