!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Legion Wardrobe

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Legion Wardrobe

Post by solitha » May 12th, 2016, 6:39 pm

I always said I would get interested in transmog when they made a viable system for it. Well, that's coming, and I've been stashing away everything! My banks were getting clogged up fast.

Then some amazing person made the addon Legion Wardrobe. It echoes the Wardrobe feature of the expansion, letting you know if an item's appearance has already been unlocked; was it by this character or another; was it a drop or a quest (or both!), and so on.

It's taking me a while, since I'm being super cautious about verifying for sure I actually unlocked a look before dumping a duplicate. But it's clearing out my bank space fast, and I'm having a geekily good time doing it. Once I'm done sorting, maybe it's time to start collecting..........

Legion Wardrobe on Curse

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Legion Wardrobe

Post by Wakamaru » May 12th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this :D I've been hoarding every item I can get hold of for a very VERY long time, since I am transmog crazy. I was so excited to have someone to "store" it all with the announcement of the legion wardrobe. In the meantime though.... There are 9 100s is full bank/inventory/void storage plus half a dozen large guild banks full of boe items.

I cannot wait to put this to use for clearing out duplicates!

That said... I'll probably continue to horde them for AH purposes in Legion >,> But at least I can focus my collecting efforts!

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 13th, 2016, 5:24 pm

It works great with Wowhead if you have character profiles set up and pinned. So if you look at an item, it says another character unlocked it, you can check the listed quests on Wowhead to see if you can verify a character (who can use it, some looks have multiple armor types) actually did a quest.

It doesn't always work; for some quests, Wowhead doesn't get a proper flag for it. So I just keep that item just in case. But those items are a definite minority.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 14th, 2016, 8:55 pm

I have to admit, I have a guild bank that has almost all 6 tabs full of future transmog stuff. I'm waiting until Legion actually hits to start looking into them because otherwise I'm just teasing myself with that addon.

It really is a neat addon though. Thanks for mentioning it here!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 15th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Why do you feel like you're teasing yourself with it?

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » May 15th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Since I have all my future transmog stuff unbound and in a guild bank the accuracy of the addon would be off.

I never got into transmog much pre-Legion because I wasn't a fan of just squirreling away outfits in void storage. The new UI will help that, but first I'll have to actually bind the outfits.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

solitha
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by solitha » May 16th, 2016, 7:55 pm

flameflash wrote:I never got into transmog much pre-Legion because I wasn't a fan of just squirreling away outfits in void storage. The new UI will help that, but first I'll have to actually bind the outfits.
I as well. There were a couple of outfits I saw that I pursued, but by and large, it's too much for me to handle just as random. For the most part I went with the salvage crate class sets, which turned out well enough.
flameflash wrote:Since I have all my future transmog stuff unbound and in a guild bank the accuracy of the addon would be off.
Makes me glad I asked. Soulbinding isn't required! In the addon, "collected" means you either have it via quest credit, or have it in the inventory of a character that could unlock it - bound or not. The real Wardrobe will probably require soulbound stuff, but the addon is more flexible.

For that matter, you could winnow down your collection without even taking it out of the bank. Start up the addon (it's a large addon, so it doesn't start automatically). It first opens with a graphical display sorted by slot, and only showing items relevant to that toon. A green check means that toon has collected the appearance. A yellow check means another toon has.

(I actually don't use the graphic display much. It's more for shopping, IMO. For this explanation, just close it. Like MogIt, it's a time-sucker!)

Mouse over an item in your guild bank. You'll notice a new bit to your tooltip, that says if you have or have not collected the appearance. Then hit TAB, and a window appears with a list of all sources of that appearance. Any source for which that character has credit is noted in green.

Once you've winnowed it down, pull stuff into inventory. Let's say you're on a priest, grab all the cloth headpieces. Mouseover, then TAB, and check that list - multiple green notations means you're holding duplicate looking items with different names. Keep one, toss the rest.

Use due caution. Some items have the same appearance through multiple armor types, and the addon will tell you you've collected it (on your leather wearer, in leather, and what you actually have in hand is the only cloth version). I also tracked down many quests, and some of them didn't make sense - for instance, my Alliance toons having credit for a Horde quest. The server apparently reports it as such, but I'm taking the careful route. And if it's no longer obtainable, it stays.

Despite that note of caution though, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Return to “UI, Addons, & Macros”