!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Celestial Tournament Helpful Info

Pepper

Celestial Tournament Helpful Info

Post by Pepper » April 25th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Author(s): Pepper| Editor: Sandwalker | Formatted By: Jedikitten | Updated By: n/a | Additional Contributors: Ehly

Celestial Tournament Tips
The Celestial Tournament is the end game for pet battlers. It can be frustrating if you don't know what to do, but like most end game content if you are 'geared' or, in this case, have taken the time to level up the pets, it becomes easier each week. Don't let the size of it intimidate you. ANYONE can beat the tournament with a little time, grinding and patience.
I figured that I would share some of the guides and information that I use, which might help a few people out in being able to get ready and easily compete in the tourney and also work on http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9069. These are just two of the many guides out there but, for me at least, these are the ones that give the best information and easy to understand.

Now for a disclaimer: pet battles can come down to RNG in some cases. That means a few unlucky misses or a few unlucky enemy crits can make even the best-placed strategy come crashing down. I recommend that if you find yourself stuck on an enemy go to that NPC's Wowhead page, and you will find a lot of great information there of teams that worked for other people.
These guides should be used as a good starting point for the tournament.[tdo=2]The first one is from Wowhead.com[/tdo][tdo=2]The second one is from Murloc Harbor[/tdo]
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/a-pet ... tournamentWhat I like about this guide is that they offer you multiple team strategies, so if you are like me and do not have a lot of the super rare pets, you are still in luck! It is easy to understand and follow with a step-by-step move list for you.
An Awfully Big Adventure - Elekk Plushie AchievementThis guide is great for a few reasons:
  1. It is an awesome guide for getting An Awfully Big Adventure - and with the way it is broken down, you can easily start working on one section of the world at a time.
  2. You can EASILY take out the plushie and use this as a great leveling guide for the Pandaria and Draenor trainers.
The only downside is that they sometimes have pet battles that require a specific super-rare pet. Generally you can find an alternative pet, or it is a good time to go look up the Wowhead comments on that trainer.
I would also recommend, if you don't already have the pet battling addon Rematch, that you pick it up. You can build teams using it, and also figure out alternate pets that have the same abilities (use the 'Find Similar' feature), so just because you don't have one of the ones listed, it doesn't mean that you are done; there might be another pet with the same skills (like today I had already killed off my http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50586 and instead used a http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63304 in the next battle).
 ! Message from: Jedikitten
Rematch is really excellent for this. I have teams saved with the NPC ID, so usually all I have to do is mouse over, or click on, the tamer and the appropriate team will load. This doesn't work 100% of the time, but it's very helpful. You can also organize your teams in tabs so that you can save all of your Celestial Tournament teams in one tab and they don't get lost among your Draenor tamers, or Pandaria tamers, etc.
[tdo=2][b][shadow=black]A few tips to get started:[/shadow][/b][/tdo]
Make a spreadsheet.I went through the Wowhead link and made a spreadsheet of all the pets I had and the ones that they suggested that I didn't. I then put down their level in another column and color coded their rarity level. This way I had a workable list that I could reference to figure out just who I needed to level and stone.
That brings us to....
Find out just who you are battling each week!There are three sets of tamers you need to fight. These rotate at the start of every server reset. On Tuesday go in and see just who you will be up against that week and then work on leveling those pets. That way that list you just made of the pets you need to level is suddenly a whole lot shorter! Be sure you hit up all the WoD trainers since all of them can be done with just two pets (use the Murloc Harbor guide to help you out!) and the Pandaria trainers; you will have a bunch of level 25s in no time!
Your plushie doesn't have to live to get credit.If it dies in a battle you don't have to worry about it. Also, when it comes to the Tournament portion of An Awfully Big Adventure, you just need to beat that tamer in order to get credit. What I had to do with the Dr. Ion Goldbloom group is I would beat the tamer, and on the second one, if I just wasn't doing so hot, I would leave the tournament, heal, then go back in again. This resets your progress, but you still get credit for the one you beat. You can always go back to the first tamer again and beat them with a full team after you are done with the one you are at. This happened only a few times for me, but I think it's still worth noting.
Nothing is set in stone!Remember that all the guides are just a starting point for you. If you want to explore different team options, feel free to see what works and what doesn't!

I hope these two guides and my tips help anyone who is still struggling with the tournament out a little so that you can start getting the pets. Also, the first time you beat the whole thing, you are able to get one of the four pets as a congratulations! That just means nine more weeks of the tournament, and you will have four really amazing new pets to add to your collection.
You can do it!
[+] Changelog
04.25.2015 Guide created.
DahVoodoo @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Kabooki/

Ehly
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Re: Guide: Celestial Tournament Helpful Info

Post by Ehly » May 5th, 2015, 10:37 am

Problem
Won the tournament but can't turn in the quest (Master Li has an exclamation point over his head, like you never took the quest).

Solution
Don't waste your time doing it again. First, try exiting Bnet and disabling all add-ons, then log back in and see if Master Li has a question mark over his head. Let me know if this has any effect. If that doesn't work, you need to switch realms. To do that:
  1. Leave the island (fly to closest FP).
  2. Get someone on another server (higher level or same level) to invite you to a group. You must be in the group before you get back in the Timeless zone, and that person must be the group leader. (Or, if you have a high enough level alt on another server, try that. Both of my 100s are on the same server, so I couldn't.)
  3. Fly back the island.
  4. Turn in quest.
  5. Profit (well, get your reward).
Credit for this "workaround" goes to fellow A3-er Secksy, who helped me switch realms and redeem my quest. More help than Blizz support ever gave me.

This has happened to me twice now. I think it occurs when the same team repeats from the previous week (just a theory, which I've submitted as a bug). It could also be an add-on thing. I don't remember if I tried that last time. I know I didn't today. The first time, Blizz was zero help. I did the tourney 3 or 4 times, trying to get it to take, being told by support that there was nothing they could do. A guildie opened a ticket and they instantly set the quest to complete and got him his coin. Oh, was I pissed!!! This time, I just called on my friend to help me switch realms and bam! Got my coin. One more week and I'm finished!!

Secksy

Post by Secksy » May 10th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Sweet guide!! Thanks!
Secksypets @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Secksy/

Aloborc

Post by Aloborc » May 12th, 2015, 11:56 am

YaY!! Finally got my achievements and Xu-Fu Cub to start. This whole tournament was so frustrating to me. Your guide helped me organize my thoughts, pets and strategies. Thank You So Much.

Aloborc
Aloborc @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Alobolo/

Return to “Guides”