!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Calling all Writers

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Calling all Writers

Post by piwakawaka » June 21st, 2015, 3:47 am

So who out there has a passion for writing? We have all the textile peeps crowding out the forums here so lets see how many writer types we have, and what your style is.

Me i'm best at poetry and short stories. frustratingly it's the novels I want to be doing though. I started trying through National Novel Writing Month the same year my son was born, and since then while I have completed the word goal all but one of the years i participated, (last year lost to the Warlords release) I have yet to produce anything actually resembling a story of any length. mostly its just garbled mush with a plot at the start and meandering helplessness at the end.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

OzinLA
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Re: Calling all Writers

Post by OzinLA » June 22nd, 2015, 1:21 pm

I do scientific/medical writing for a living. So, I'm very analytical, and not at all creative. But I'm a mad beast at editing!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoptions: Stocking
Assistant Guide Manager
Recruitment Team

Kelvarik

Post by Kelvarik » July 23rd, 2015, 11:03 am

I dabble at a couple different things. I'm actually a contributing editor to "Late Model Racer" magazine, a magazine that focuses on the type of racing I do. Mostly I do that for exposure for my racing team, but I enjoy it too.

I also maintain a couple different blogs focused on my racing team. One is our "team" blog on our team webpage (http://www.haywire-racing.com, you can find it under the "Social" heading in the menu). I also have a more personal racing blog that focuses just on myself (again, found in the "Social" heading of the menu). And lastly, I'm a blogger for "Race22", a website that focuses on the type of racing I do. Again, the last two of those three blogs I do more for exposure than anything else. But I do enjoy connecting with the fans and giving them a more personal look into my crazy world and what it takes to field one of these cars.
Kelvarik @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Kel/

Fenrasta
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Fenrasta » July 26th, 2015, 12:21 pm

I do NaNo most years as well. My writing is mostly fantasy, with the vast majority of my stories set in the same world that I have been creating for about 20 years now. I tend to not actually write endings, though, so I can't actually say I finished anything.

-Fenrasta

Mystickah

Post by Mystickah » July 28th, 2015, 12:22 pm

I've written poetry for as long as I can remember. Since I got out of the Navy, I've written for a few geeky websites and just recently started doing my own blog again - http://www.toasterdreams.com
Mystickah @ Azeroth Adoption Agency
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Mystickah/

catsmeow

Post by catsmeow » September 5th, 2015, 10:32 pm

One of my passions is writing science fiction/fantasy stories. I have quite a few novels and short stories sketched out, but I haven't actually finished them or sent them to a publisher yet. Now that things are settling down in my life (and the girls are older-as in teens) I'm hoping to finally realize those goals. I also enjoy writing poetry. I've been writing poetry since I was a teenager. Not always good, but some of it I'm quite proud of. One of these days. Yes, one of these days...
Petyna @ Azeroth Adoption Agency | Alykat @ Petoholics Anonymous
WCP @ http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/Catsmeow/

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » September 12th, 2015, 8:10 pm

I find writing very fun and relaxing... when I have a moment to actually accomplish it.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

tinibree
United States of America

Post by tinibree » September 25th, 2015, 10:38 pm

I did NaNo and want to again. I also write fics.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » September 26th, 2015, 12:46 am

woo! another Nanoer! I'm actually going to open a countdown to nano thread soon, so i hope to see you in there, and if we're real lucky we'll either fish up a few more nanoer's or catch few new people :D
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

tinibree
United States of America

Post by tinibree » September 26th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Countdown to Nano? Sounds cool :) I still need to come up with something to write for it.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » September 27th, 2015, 1:38 am

Yup, every year i've done nano its gone a lot like that.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Hobbies”