!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Countdown To NaNo!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Countdown To NaNo!

Post by piwakawaka » October 12th, 2015, 3:19 am

Time flies when you procrastinate, and in the best traditions of all pantser's I am very determinedly procrastinating. on everything.

We've got less than three weeks until the start of National Novel Writing Month

so, who else is joining me in the madness that is 50,000 words?

and what are you going to do for NaNo?

I have no idea but i'm thinking a series of short stories. it's outside the specs of NaNo but since i've never managed a cohesive novel it'll probably make more sense than a lot of the dross i usually come up with for NaNo
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

flameflash
United States of America

Re: Countdown To NaNo!

Post by flameflash » October 12th, 2015, 8:00 am

It's something I'm considering. I'd probably have to make sure my WoW time lapsed or else I'd never get it done though. :p
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

tinibree
United States of America

Post by tinibree » October 13th, 2015, 2:25 pm

I'm beginning to think I might work on this fic I've had in my head for over a year that I hope to be pretty long, I want to say at least 50K and kinda want to make it hit 200K but I don't think there's actually enough there for that.

Fenrasta
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Fenrasta » October 28th, 2015, 9:46 pm

I am doing NaNo this year!

My genre is low fantasy, which basically means that although fantasy elements such as magic and monsters exist, the characters are (mostly) dealing with real-word problems such as war, starvation, racism, etc. Low fantasy generally has more serious and/or dark themes than high fantasy, which is more often adventure.

My story follows an imperial soldier who is sent to defend a remote colony and the empire's local allies who have been asking for help. The enemy is using suicide bombers, disease, poison, and other methods that the empire's conventional military training doesn't cover. The imperial military also has to deal with dangerous local phenomena including predatory wildlife, hostile faeries, and more. In the midst of it all, the protagonist comes up with a way to save a group of people who are being killed whenever they are discovered.

-Fen

Fenrasta
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Fenrasta » October 30th, 2015, 6:18 pm

By the way, I'm RachLaurel on the NaNo site. If you want to friend eachother and keep eachother up on our wordcounts, please do!

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/rachlaurel

-Rachel

Return to “Hobbies”