!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Transmog / Model Collection & Duplicate Scanning

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Transmog / Model Collection & Duplicate Scanning

Post by Wakamaru » May 30th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Hello A3ers!

So many of you probably know that I'm transmog crazy. I've saved everything since long before the Legion wardrobe announcement (yay!) - so naturally this has accumulated to an overwhelming pile of items. 10 guild banks (5 tabs+) and 10 inventories full of BoE items PLUS the BoP items on my 20+ characters.

I've recently been combing through this mess to eliminate or store duplicate models/items elsewhere OR trade them to friends who still need them. This has of course been a huge nightmare.

So I've been digging around trying to find a reliable way to do this without manually putting all of the items into a spreadsheet of some sort. Well... I think I found what I've been looking for!

Addon: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/itemcollector

This addon+website combo scans you bags, bank, heirloom tab, void storage, and guild bank and records all of the models that you have acquired. After doing this, you import the save file from the addon to their website and you get a pretty nice visual counter/list of the models that you have. You can also view a list of models that you are missing.

MORE IMPORTANTLY... there is a Duplicates feature. You click it and are shown all of the duplicate MODELS (this is important, models =/= items) that you have accumulated, what they are called, and where they are located. This works for all models, BoP and BoE, and all locations (bags,bank,void,guild bank, etc.).

I've been fiddling with it for a bit and am really satisfied with what it does. Next I'll toon hop a ton to do a full model scan and see how that goes. Anyway... I thought I would share the tool!
[attachment=0]mc_overview.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]mc_duplicates.png[/attachment]
Things to remember...

1. To scan your bags, personal bank, heirlooms tab, and void storage you just need to open that section. For void storage be sure you view both tabs. You will need to do this across any and all toons that you want model information collected on.

2. To scan you guild banks you need to use the command /mcc gb on EACH bank tab of EACH guild bank. If you didn't mean to scan a bank tab you can use /mcc gbclear to clear the scan for the tab.

3. When you scan new items, the website display is not updated automatically. You will need to reimport the updated file manually.

4. The first time you log in and use the tool the .lua import file won't appear in the specified location until AFTER you log out of the video game.

5. Items and Models are not the same thing. Different items may share the same model. If a duplicate model is found you will be given all of the item names that use said model in the duplicates list.

6. The addon is brand new. It was created on May 19th and updated on May 22nd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Adoption Forum Management
Adoptions: Inventory
Community Manager/Leader
Event Creation/Management
Pawprint Press Contributor
Reading With Leashes Contributor / Admin
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Transmog / Model Collection & Duplicate Scanning

Post by Wakamaru » June 3rd, 2016, 12:37 am

wardrobe1.png
I've been busy playing with this utility to track down and separate my BoE duplicate pieces - and have had quite a bit of success. I've been able to separate things much faster (vs. tracking them down or documenting them on my own) and swap them with friends who have duplicates.

Has anyone else given the utility a try?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 3rd, 2016, 9:52 pm

OMG! You have just ruined any free time I may have had. lol

I'll let you know what I come up with.

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 3rd, 2016, 10:19 pm

Ok, so I'm totally scared to get rid of items that match quest items... For example, I wonder about the old Tier .5 stuff. Those quests are no longer in the game, and the items are no longer obtainable, but they are actually showing up as duplicates of items in my stuff.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » June 3rd, 2016, 10:45 pm

Irayna wrote:Ok, so I'm totally scared to get rid of items that match quest items... For example, I wonder about the old Tier .5 stuff. Those quests are no longer in the game, and the items are no longer obtainable, but they are actually showing up as duplicates of items in my stuff.
Do you have some of the items from the darkmoon faire that match them? Like http://www.wowhead.com/item=78209/replica-devout-robe or http://www.wowhead.com/item=78212/replica-virtuous-robe for example?

The 0 and .5 stuff can all be replaced with replica gear if you are missing any.

I don't get rid of my BoP stuff, unless I know for sure I have two (you can check the duplicates list and then locate the duplicate models to double check).

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 5th, 2016, 3:49 pm

Wakamaru wrote:Do you have some of the items from the darkmoon faire that match them? Like http://www.wowhead.com/item=78209/replica-devout-robe or http://www.wowhead.com/item=78212/replica-virtuous-robe for example?
I have a full set of .5 lookalike from the pre WoD event, but I don't know if it's safe to get rid of them or not. I'm not going to until I can do a character copy in the beta and see what shows up, but it's odd that mogcollector.com shows all of those items as completed so somewhere in the system it says I completed that quest even though it isn't still obtainable.

I don't have the 0 stuff because it was the recolor that I REALLY liked. The 0 stuff was just ok.

Wakamaru
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America

Post by Wakamaru » June 5th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Irayna wrote:
Wakamaru wrote:Do you have some of the items from the darkmoon faire that match them? Like http://www.wowhead.com/item=78209/replica-devout-robe or http://www.wowhead.com/item=78212/replica-virtuous-robe for example?
I have a full set of .5 lookalike from the pre WoD event, but I don't know if it's safe to get rid of them or not. I'm not going to until I can do a character copy in the beta and see what shows up, but it's odd that mogcollector.com shows all of those items as completed so somewhere in the system it says I completed that quest even though it isn't still obtainable.

I don't have the 0 stuff because it was the recolor that I REALLY liked. The 0 stuff was just ok.
I know Blizzard is going to be rewarding us with all completed quest items. Maybe they've oddly rolled those into it? OTOH - since mog collector tracks models, there could be some model ID confusion perhaps. It's always better to keep an extra than miss out though :)

I'm mostly using it to get a serious grasp on the piles of BoE extras I have. I've been saving every ounce of armor for well over a year now (just something I've always done) so they have piled up lol. When I see something I know I have one of I'll de, vendor, or AH it... but sometimes I just don't know lol.

Community Leader
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Community Manager/Leader
Site Admin
Social Media Manager

Irayna
Superstar
Superstar
United States of America

Post by Irayna » June 19th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Wakamaru wrote:I know Blizzard is going to be rewarding us with all completed quest items. Maybe they've oddly rolled those into it? OTOH - since mog collector tracks models, there could be some model ID confusion perhaps. It's always better to keep an extra than miss out though :)
As of right now, the Dungeon sets are NOT counting in the wardrobe if you don't have them in your inventory. I am one very sad mage and I hope they fix it.

flameflash
United States of America

Post by flameflash » June 19th, 2016, 1:35 pm

I used the character copy and just found that all I needed to do was craft some shirts and I'd have the fabulous title. So I did. :)

This seems like a wonderful addon. I'll likely wait until it's updated for the prepatch (if it's not already) and then use it then. That way I'm sure I have all the models for all my characters before I start learning more stuff that maybe I already have.

I was going to go see if there was any UI indicator on the models learned/unlearned but the beta seems a bit... unstable at the moment. Couldn't get in.
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Forum Moderator
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Sister Guild (Petoholics Anonymous) Manager

Return to “UI, Addons, & Macros”