!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter November 4: Blizzcon Thoughts

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter November 4: Blizzcon Thoughts

Post by piwakawaka » November 4th, 2019, 2:19 am

November 2019
Year 5, Issue 43

Hello, Readers.

Blizzcon has been, and with it comes a whole host of announcements. While we will be looking at the next expansion for WoW on our blog at a later date, there are links to the official Blizzard blog announcement in our news piece. I highly recommend looking over what is being said about the expansion before buying, as the level squish is now confirmed. I know the idea of a level squish was make-or-break for people when the survey went out asking people for their thoughts on things earlier this year, so it's certainly worth careful consideration if the benefits of being able to level 1-50 in any expansion is worth the loss of current levels. Truthfully, the biggest excitement I saw (and started) was about never having to touch Burning Crusade content ever again. I personally am still getting the expansion and yes, I'm pre-ordering, but I know that whatever happens to the game I will be happy as long as there are pets.

There is also a rather interesting price rethink this year. The base game is cheaper but excludes the level boost, and there are two collectors tiers. Heroic Tier includes the boost, a mount and a transmog quest line, while Epic tier has the pet, a hearthstone effect, an illusion and 30 days of game time. I need to properly price things out, but it looks like while Epic tier is slightly more expensive than BFA's Deluxe Edition, it's not by all that much and the cost of game time and a new pet exceeds the difference between Heroic and Epic tiers. Whether or not all the goodies make the leap from base to Epic are worth it is another matter. While the boost itself is worth the cost if you need it, if you're like me and not sure if you want the boost, the rest of the cosmetics might not have enough value to make it worth it.

Certainly this expansion is worth a bit of research as to what you want to commit to the game, although it certainly promises some interesting storylines

I hope you all have a good week.

Piwakawaka.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter November 4: Blizzcon Thoughts

Post by piwakawaka » November 4th, 2019, 2:20 am

The Road To 5!
I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our members a little more leading up to the anniversary celebrations. Between now and the anniversary, we will be including some fun Q&As from some of our longest standing members, our most active members, and our most helpful and generous members.

This week we are featuring:
Team Member Ssparkles
&
Team Member Hollthulhu

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Ssparkles. The second s is silent.
When I first started playing WoW (back in BC) I was so noob I had no idea about alt codes. The name Sparkles was already taken. But I really wanted it. I tried adding an extra S to the end of the name but Sparkless was kinda means the opposite. So I added the extra S to the front of the name.

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
Through WCP.
I wanted to dump/donate my excess pets from Molten Core xmog runs. I liked the idea of helping out other people with pets. None of my (then) guild were into pets so it was nice to find like minded people. And the people were really nice. So I stayed.

Where are you most active within the community?
In the Discord Pokemon channel. Gotta catch em all!
Fun fact: my pet bank is called Wowkemon (wow pokemons)

What’s your favorite battle pet?
For sentimental reasons it is the Tiny Sporebat. Sporeggar was the first rep I ever ground out to exalted. All for the pet. I saw it and had to have it.

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Naps. I love me some sleep.

What are three random facts about you?
  • I'm from Australia
  • I like unicorns. And cats. And things that are pink and sparkly.
  • My hair is really long. Down to my butt. I want to dye it lilac but that would probably get me fired. Some days I think it would be worth it.
Random Questions

What is something I learned in the last week?
I'm sure I learnt lots of things but have already forgotten them. The one that stuck is that Wellington is really windy. Like really, really windy. Apparently the city is famous for it but I had no idea. (Editor's Note: It really is; a light breeze in Wellington is a brisk breeze most anywhere sane.)

What fictional place would I most like to go to?
Hmmm..... that's a tough one. It would be a toss up between seeing JK Rowling's magical universe or Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

What dumb accomplishment are you most proud of? I ate a 1kg burrito in under 15 mins. I won a keyring for my efforts.

Community Name (and how to pronounce it):
Hollthulhu - ˈhall thoo loo

How did you find the community? What made you decide to join? And to stick around?
I found the community through a Warcraft Pets forum post. I decided to join because I loved the idea of helping/sharing battle pets with others in a little thematic way. At the time I was running my pet day care on the forums, so an adoption group really seemed fun as well. I've stuck around all this time due to the friends I've made. I've gone through my hiatuses of WoW, but I always lurk in the community and try to keep in touch.

Where are you most active within the community?
Discord

What’s your favorite battle pet?
Mr. Bigglesworth / Creepy Crate

What’s your favorite real life treat?
Sushi / Bahn Mi / Cheesecake

What are three random facts about you?
  • I made many of the forum icons for A3
  • I run tabletop RPGs for others
  • I love cats and have two of the bestest meow-meows
Random Questions

What’s the closest thing to magic that actually exists?
Math

What do you own that a lot of people comment on?
A Trioxin warning label shirt

What are you kind of obsessed with these days?
Ghost
It's A Party!

The A3 anniversary preparations have officially begun! Prizes and giveaways this year will vary as they did last year, including pets, mounts, toys, store goodies, rare items, and more. The deadline for all contributions will be November 20th. If you are interested in helping to farm or sponsor goodies for the anniversary celebrations please fill out the following forum:
https://forms.gle/VSwkXF5pSBg6rpAz5

Followup with Wakamaru in a Private Message on the forum or a Direct Message on Discord afterward. Please also reach out to Wakamaru with any questions.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Cinematic Trailer
World of Warcraft: What’s Next Panel Recap
During the World of Warcraft: What’s Next panel at BlizzCon 2019, Game Director Ion Hazzikostas dove into an overview of the world, story, and features coming in the next chapter of World of Warcraft—Shadowlands. Discover what lies beyond the veil between Azeroth and the realm of the dead. Shadowlands takes players on a journey to explore the mysteries of the World of Warcraft universe’s afterlife.

You can find the full panel recap here

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 4th, 2019, 2:22 am

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
@Sandwalker

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot
#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #14

Last Week's Answers
Sandwalker found 24 words:

bier, bin, brie, brine, fib, fiber, fibre, fin, fine, finer, fire, IBUPROFEN, ire, iron, nib, nip, opine, pin, pine, purine, rein, rib, rip, ripe

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » November 4th, 2019, 2:23 am

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Return to “Weekly Newsletter; Pawprint Press”