!! REMINDER !!
Official communication will be done over the forum - not in game. Check your Private Messages.

Newsletter 12 April: Welcome To Our New Team Member

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Newsletter 12 April: Welcome To Our New Team Member

Post by piwakawaka » April 12th, 2021, 7:03 pm

April 2021
Year 7, Issue 15

Hello, Readers.

This week we welcome a brand new team job and with it a brand new team member. You can find out all about our new community guide position in the news section, and it is with great pleasure we welcome BaconTaco to fill the role. We always love seeing new and enthusiastic people join us, and with the help of a new and enthusiastic member we hope that folks joining us will find navigating our guild even easier.

We would also like to remind you that the MSF charity drive runs until the 26th. Everyone has been remarkably generous in the drive, and there are two weeks left to go with $200,000 left to give before we unlock Daisy. Remember, donations given through the A3 Donation Group will be matched up to a value of $500.

I hope you all have a good week, and welcome to the team BaconTaco!

Piwakawaka.

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Re: Newsletter 12 April: Welcome To Our New Team Member

Post by piwakawaka » April 12th, 2021, 7:03 pm

Community Guide
Hello everyone!

We are adding a new position to the team: Community Guide. The goal of this position is to be a dedicated resource for all of our newest members during their first two weeks of membership. Once they join, our friendly community Welcome Worgen will send them a welcome kit as well as instructions on where they can reach out for help learning the ropes for adoptions, donations and events. By having this dedicated position and source of information we hope to provide new members with consistent, reliable information as quickly as possible. They will be given the means to reach out to this person on the forum, on Discord, or in the #new-member channel. Once they've gone through their first two weeks, their care will be turned over to the rest of the always helpful community.

Thanks!
Wakamaru
BaconTaco, Welcome To The Team!
Hello again!

Following up on the Community Guide information above, we'd like to introduce our newest Team Member: @BaconTaco. They are our official "Welcome Worgen" and will be doing their best to help our newest members find their way around the community. Although BaconTaco is still a pretty new community member, certainly the newest in terms of time here for a Team Member, we feel confident in their attitude, goals and drive for the community. We're sure they will make a wonderful addition to our team and we hope that you will join us in a warm welcome.

We've included some information about BaconTaco below so that you can get to know them a little more.

Thanks!
Wakamaru

About BaconTaco

What's your favorite battle pet?
Corgnelius. There’s something about that little guy. I just like having him around.

How did you find A3? What made you want to join?
I’m relatively new to battle pets. I’ve played WoW for about 10 years and knew it was something I wanted to do at some point, but I didn’t really know how to get started. A couple months ago I decided to finally get into it and started looking for resources online. I found WarcraftPets.com and was impressed with the community and wanted more. So I started looking around the forums and found a post that mentioned A3. I originally joined because of the pet adoption process. It’s such a great idea and amazing that people would put this much effort into helping others with their pet collections.

How has your experience been with the community thus far?
Amazing. The amount of work and time the team puts into making A3 function is incredible. In the past I was in a small guild that was focused on helping hunters find rare tames. My specific tames were Arcturis, Loque’nahak and Ban’thalos. I really enjoyed that and this community has the same vibe and it fits.

What made you want to be part of the team?
It might sound cheesy but helping people in WoW is one of my favorite parts of the experience. When I joined and got a feel for what was happening here, I really just wanted to help in whatever way I could. It turns out I can do that as part of the A3 team which is awesome.

What goals or hopes do you have for the future of the community?
I’d like to see the community grow and at the same time feel welcoming and comfortable for everyone involved. I hope to be part of that in a positive way.

About you: My IRL name is Jason.

Most people online either call me Bacon or Taco which together are my username most places.
The username is my two favorite foods. Well, my two favorite savory foods. MintChocolateChipIceCreamRiceKrispyTreat was already taken.

I love dogs, cats, and all animals, but especially dogs. I want to meet all the dogs.

Currently I have three little girls: one human, one dog and one cat [at] 5 months, 3 years and 4 years old respectively. They form a bit of a love triangle with the dog, Olive, at the top showering the other two with slobbery kisses, the baby on the bottom left looking at the other two wondering which parts of them she can get in her mouth, and the cat, Poly, looking the other direction entirely.

I’m looking forward to this new role of Welcome Worgen and hope to help everyone feel welcome and have fun!

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » April 12th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Reading With Leashes
Guides!
Have you checked out these guides?
Random Reads!
Check out these other awesome posts!
Is there a tamer you just can't seem to beat? A pet you want to know more about?
Be sure to let us know what you'd like to see covered via the blog forum post or by sending Jedikitten a PM!
Photos Of The Week

Featured this week:
Some of our members' pets!

Want to see your photo here? Send us selfies or screenshots of you and your getting achievements, finding new pets, or just out and about having fun!

Submit Screenshot

#A3pix
Twitter
Forum Thread
Private Message
A3 Forum Games
4 Word Story Time
:books:
Play Game
Hurt and Heal
:crossed_swords:
Play Game
Level That Pet
:chart_with_upwards_trend:
Play Game
Movie Connections
:movie_camera:
Play Game
Name That Pet
:dog2:
Play Game
Pet Scramble
:question:
Play Game
Pokemon Go CP #s
:mouse:
Play Game
Who Am I
:spy:
Play Game
Warcraft Puns
:drum:
Play Game

This Week's Puzzle
Puzzle #36

Last Week's Answer
SPORTSMAN

piwakawaka
Team Member
Team Member
New Zealand

Post by piwakawaka » April 12th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Thank You
Thank you to everyone to contributed to this week's newsletter!

Piwakawaka (editor/contributor)
Jedikitten (formatting/contributor)
Sandwalker (copy editor/contributor)
Wakamaru (contributor)

A special 'Thank You' to Wakamaru for creating this week's Pawprint Press header!
Team Member
[+] A3 Responsibilities
Pawprint Press Manager
Reading With Leashes Contributor
Recruitment Team
Tracking Sheet Manager

Ssparkles
Team Member
Team Member
Australia

Post by Ssparkles » April 13th, 2021, 2:27 am